Browning Command Ops
TCP Rating - 75/100
This entry level Browning trail camera struggles with night video and picture quality. It detects quickly, but only out to 50 ft. On a positive note, with lithium batteries, the Command Ops would get over 8 months of battery life. - TCP Staff
2016 Browning Command Ops Review
Model # BTC-4 | Browning Command Ops Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score: What's this?
- Very good battery life
- Fast video trigger speed
- Max 20 second night video
- Poor latch design
- Poor picture/video quality at night
The Browning Command Ops is a new Browning trail camera for 2016. This is their entry level, red glow IR game camera.
Dimensions: 5.25" x 4.25" x 3" | Battery Type: 8 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 Volt
The outer shell of the camera feels sturdy and well-built. The latch, while big and oversized, feels really bad to operate. It makes this clicking noise that feels man-made and cheap. It also doesn't open very well. You have to get your fingernails under the latch - not great in cold weather.
The battery tray can be slid out from the bottom of the camera and is rather hard to remove. Browning built it to "stick," so that the batteries wouldn't fall out. In the process of doing that, you have to pull hard to get the tray out.
Programming is very easy and similar to the Browning Strike Force and Dark Ops. You shouldn't have a problem getting this camera setup. The Command Ops does not have dynamic video.
Durability is unknown, we will update the Command Ops review if more information becomes available.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.75 s. / 2.1 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.93 s. / 2.4 s. | Detection Range: 50 ft.
The Command Ops is surprisingly vast in both picture and video mode. In fact, video trigger speed is outstanding and near the best in class.
The detection range is 50 ft. Overall, this is a decently fast detection zone but lacks range.
Photo resolution: 8 mpxl (interpolated) | Video Resolution: 1080 x 720 w/ audio | Flash Type: Red Glow Infrared
Daytime pictures are pretty good but lack the clarity that you can see on the higher end Browning game cameras. The color is average but the Command Ops stops motion well.
Night pictures are grainy and lack flash range. If the animal is close to the camera, the pictures turn out rather well.
Daytime video quality is pretty good overall. Night videos are very grainy and have limited flash range. If the animal isn't within 15-20 ft., the video will be very dark.
Resting Power (on): 1.87 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 3.46 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 4.66 Ws
The Command Ops runs on 8 AA batteries. If you want the longest, most consistent run-time, we recommend lithium batteries. The battery data above is outstanding. Low current draws indicate a very efficient camera.
If this camera were to take 35 day pictures and 35 night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 8.1 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Browning Command Ops Conclusion: 75/100
For a $120 trail camera, the Command Ops does really well in detection speed and battery life. The pictures are below average, though, so if picture quality is important to you, this may not be the right trail camera.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- 8 mpxl interpolated photos
- 1080 x 720 video w/ audio
- 12 volt external battery jack
- Time stamp includes: Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID
- Backlit display and controls for easy programming in low light
- Timelapse mode plus IR triggered pictures
- Uses 8 AA batteries
- Supports up to a 32 gig sd card
- TV out jack, USB 2.0 port
- 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on bottom of the camera
- Buckwatch timelapse viewer plus PC software
- Select time delay from 5, 10, 20, 30 seconds; 1, 5, 10, 30, 60 minutes
- Comes with 6 ft. nylon cable strap
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90 day return policy and our exclusive 2 year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $100
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Browning Command Ops Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Command Ops.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The Command Ops has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Command Ops, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.