Browning Recon Force Platinum
Review in Progress
- This red glow IR camera is known for video quality and a nice 2" internal viewing screen. In the past, it was a top video game camera - but poor picture game camera. We will see if that has changed in 2016. - TCP Staff
2016 Browning Recon Force Platinum Review
Model # BTC-7FHD-P | Browning Recon Force Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score: What's this?
- 2" Internal viewing screen
- Fast video detection capabilities
- Max of 20 second night videos
- Slow picture trigger speed
The Browning Recon Force Platinum is a red glow IR trail camera that has a 2" internal picture viewer. This viewer allows you to see the pictures and videos the camera has taken. The other benefit to the Recon Force is the 1920 x 1080 Full HD video resolution (with sound).
We are in the process of testing and evaluating the Recon Force Platinum. As more testing is finished, we will update the Recon Force Review.
Dimensions: n/a | Battery Type: 8 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 VoltWe are in the process of evaluating this category
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.11 s. / 1.4 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.00 s. / 1.6 s. | Detection Range: 70 ft.
First time we have seen a cameras video trigger speed faster than the picture speed. 1.1 seconds on picture trigger speed is far too slow for a modern trail camera. The video speed is outstanding.
Detection zone, so far, remains similar to last year. 70 ft. detection is good, not elite.
We have cameras in the field and are waiting for sample images.
Resting Power (on): 1.12 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 7.08 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 8.93 Ws
The Recon Force Platinum uses 8 AA batteries. Do yourself a favor and use lithium batteries for long life.
The day and night power consumption is higher than we would like to see. It is even higher than the Dark Ops and Strike Force cameras, which is mildly surprising.
If this camera were to take 35 day pictures and 35 night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 5.5 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- Red Glow Infrared Flash
- 12 Volt External Battery Jack
- 10 Mpxl Pictures (interpolated)
- 1920 x 1080 HD Video w/ audio (5 - 120 second clips)
- Picture Info Displays: Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID
- Backlit display and controls for easy programming in low light conditions
- Timelapse mode plus IR triggered images
- Runs on 8 AA batteries (We recommend Lithium on Nimh rechargeable batteries only)
- Supports up to 32 Gig SD Card
- TV out jack
- USB 2.0 port
- 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera
- Smart IR video (dynamic video)
- Buckwatch timelapse viewer plus PC software
- Multi-shot up to 8 images
- 4 picture resolutions
- Time delay: 5, 10, 20 and 30 seconds. Or, 1, 5, 10, 30 and 60 minutes
- Aim test mode
- Comes with 6 foot nylon strap with all metal heavy duty buckle
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90 day return policy and our exclusive 2 year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $100
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Recon Force Platinum Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Recon Force.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this to protect your new camera from bears and thieves. It provides much needed peace of mind when leaving your camera out in nature.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The Recon Force has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Recon Force, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.