2016 Moultrie A-20i Review
- Moultrie makes many high-quality trail cameras, unfortunately, the A20i is not one of them. The good battery life and nice case design do not cover-up the lack in picture quality. -TCP Staff
Model # MCG-13130
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score: What's this?
Mpxl Rating | Video ResolutionSee Breakdown ▼
Battery Life:8.2 Months
Resting Power(on) | Daytime Power Consumption | Nighttime Power ConsumptionSee Breakdown ▼
Trigger Speed & Detection:61/100
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed | Detection RangeSee Breakdown ▼
Quality of Design:73/100
Dimensions | Battery Type | External Battery Jack See Breakdown ▼
- 8-month battery life
- Decent trigger speed
- Very poor picture quality
- Slow video recovery
To put it mildly, the A20i takes the lowest quality pictures we have seen in years. The color is completely out of wack and the night pictures are barely discernable.
Resting Power (on): 1.49 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 1.4 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 7.44 Ws
Everything is very efficient here except for a slightly higher night consumption.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 8.2 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.70 s. / 1.21 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.55 s. / 14.3 s. | Detection Range: 50 ft.
Picture trigger and recovery aren't bad at all. In fact, the recovery time is outstanding. Video trigger is above average but the recovery is very slow.
The detection range is slightly below average which really brings down the overall score.
Dimensions: 5.5" x 3.25" x 2.75" | Battery Type: 8 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 Volt
The case design is really nice. This is a very skinny, somewhat tall camera. The plastic feels strong, thick and durable. The latch is a little different but we can't find a flaw with how it works. The battery tray ejects easily from the bottom of the camera. Overall, we like the case design quite a bit.
Programming is not our favorite. It is neither intuitive or easy to read. The screen is small and they abbreviate all the settings. This camera has very few programming options, but you will still need to use the owner's manual.
We haven't had a durability concern arise to this point. We will update the review with any new data.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- 12 Volt External Battery Jack
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two-year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Moultrie A-20i Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the A20i.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The A20i has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.