Spypoint Force 10
TCP Rating: 84/100
- This red glow game camera is known for fast detection speeds and 16-month battery life. Night pictures are blurry but overall, above average. Easy programming will get the camera up and running in no time. - TCP Staff
2016 Spypoint Force 10 Review
Model # FORCE-10 | Force 10 Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score: What's this?
- Super fast detection speeds
- 16-month battery life
- Very easy to setup
- Great night videos
- No built-in python bracket
- Moderate blurring on pictures with movement
The Force 10 has completely taken the 2016 trail camera market by storm. Incredible speed and battery life, mixed in with a camera that costs $110 has made this one of the best values you can currently buy.
Dimensions: 5" x 4.25" x 3.25" | Battery Type: 6 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 Volt
The Force 10 is tiny and outside of the black case, would be easy to conceal in almost any environment. The camera has a detachable bracket for mounting or removing quickly from a tree. There is not a built-in python lock bracket, but there is a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera for a tripod or Slate River Mount. It would have been nice to have a python bracket built into the case design.
It hasn't been an issue, but it would have been nice for Spypoint to have a bigger, beefier latch. The user interface/programming is on a screen the size of a normal internal viewer, which makes it easy to see the settings. Unfortunately, it is only for settings and does not have a viewer.
On the back of the camera, there is a cover that unscrews to reveal the battery compartment (it requires 6 AA batteries). The batteries are easy to insert/remove and are held firmly in place. There is no chance they would become dislodged on their own. The battery cover feels a bit flimsy, but it attaches in a way that removes that as a concern. It is perfectly flush with the back of the camera and is not exposed to anything that would risk damaging it.
Programming is incredibly easy and intuitive. Whether this is your first camera or 21st, you will enjoy the programming options and fluid navigation. One interesting note, if you enter a camera ID for the "photo stamp," the name will not show up on the picture. It shows up in the picture properties.
Durability could be an issue. We have had several cameras that stopped, started and stopped detecting. It is something we are keeping an eye on.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.32 s. / 0.52 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.15 s. / 0.9 s. | Detection Range: 60 ft.
These are insane speeds for a $110 trail camera. Trigger speeds are really good, but recovery time is outstanding. Excellent numbers for both picture or video detection.
The 60-foot detection is pretty standard for 2016 trail cameras. This camera did really well in our Detection Shootout (8th out of 53).
Overall, this is an outstanding detection zone. Compared to other cameras in this price range, this detection zone is on a different planet.
Photo resolution: 10 mpxl (interpolated) | Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 w/ audio | Flash Type: Red Glow Infrared
Daytime pictures display very good color and depth. The only thing we have seen is moderate blurring on moving animals when the cameras are placed in shady areas.
Night images also have blurring depending on how quickly the animals is moving. When the animal is relatively stationary, the pictures are bright, clear and have good contrast.
Daytime videos, much like the Spypoint Force 11D, are darker than they should be. Other than that, they are very solid videos. Night videos are really good. The flash is even, bright and clear. We collected several really good black bear videos with the Force 10.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Resting Power (on): 0.67 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 1.39 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 1.62 Ws
The numbers above are tiny and indicate that the Spypoint Force 10 is super efficient. The Force 10 operates on 6 AA batteries.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 16.6 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries. That is incredible and puts the Force 10 at the top of its class.
Tenergy rechargeable batteries do not fit in the battery compartment. The batteries are too thick. For that reason, we only recommend lithium batteries with this camera.
Spypoint Force 10 Conclusion: 84/100
The Force 10 has been an incredible surprise. There is a ton of value packed into a very affordable camera. If you don't need upper-end picture quality, you won't find a faster more efficient game camera for $110. We give the Force 10 a big thumbs up.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- 10 mpxl pictures (interpolated)
- Date, time, moon phase and temperature stamp on photos
- Multi-shot up to 6 photos per detection
- 1080 x 720 video w/ audio
- Accepts up to 32 gig SD card
- Custom Start/Stop time
- 12-volt external battery jack
- Requires 6 AA batteries
- 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera for a Slate River Mount
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two-year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $100
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Spypoint Force 10 Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Force 10.
- Use this to protect your new camera from bears and thieves. It provides much-needed peace of mind when leaving your camera out in nature.
- Use this with the security case to lock the camera in the case, and the case to a tree.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Force 10, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.