WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO!
You must love your new camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house.
Stealth Cam WXA (AT&T)
Looking for the best place to buy a trail camera?
We have cultivated a loyal customer following by focusing on what's important... You! We dedicate countless hours testing & reviewing trail cameras to provide you with the most complete and accurate game camera reviews. Here are a few of the reasons we are confident you will be a happy lifelong customer:
Stealth Cam WXA Review
The solid picture quality is not enough to overcome such a poor detection circuit and below average battery life. The WXV does seem to reliably send photos, but the battery life and detection circuit are both well under average. The WXA is also relatively complex to setup compared to other cameras on the market. - TCP Staff
Model # STC-GXATW | Stealth WXA Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score:
Mpxl Rating | Video ResolutionSee Breakdown ▼
Battery Life:1.2 Months
Resting Power(on) | Daytime Power Consumption | Nighttime Power ConsumptionSee Breakdown ▼
Trigger Speed & Detection:52/100
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed | Detection RangeSee Breakdown ▼
Quality of Design:80/100
Dimensions | Battery Type | External Battery Jack See Breakdown ▼
- Above average to solid picture quality
- Can take and send videos
- To date, has been reliably sending cellular transmissions
- 1.2 Months battery life
- Very poor recovery speed and detection zone
- Long, complicated cellular set up process
Photo resolution: 22 mpxl (interpolated)
Video resolution: 1920 x 1080 w/ audio
Flash Type: No glow IR
The WXV has solid picture quality during the daytime hours. The color is realistic (a little lighter at times ,though), the clarity is sharp, and the depth of image is solid. Night pictures have limited flash range and are a little grainy. However, they are fairly average for a no glow camera overall.
What if you purchase from us and aren't happy with the image quality?
This is a common question and we have a very simple solution. Call, email, or chat with us and we can take a look at the images and offer suggestions or immediately tell if something is wrong with the camera. If so, we will warranty the camera for you (with the free 2-Year warranty you receive from us) or return the camera for a full refund (within 90 days of purchase). You have control of the process, remember, we work for you.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 1.51 mW
Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 160.2 Ws | 156.6 Ws
Video Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 226.6 Ws | 382.1 Ws
If this camera were to take 15-day and 15-night pictures every 24 hours, the Stealth Cam WXA would last 1.2 months in the field on a set of 12 AA Lithium Batteries.
If this camera were to take 15-day and 15-night videos (10-second videos) every 24 hours, it would last 0.6 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.47 | 144.2 s.
Detection Range & Angle: 60 ft. | 50.5° Detection Angle (F.O.V. 42.6°)
The picture trigger speed is pretty good but the recovery and detection zone are both way below average. Overall, this is a poor detection circuit.
Dimensions: 5.5" x 4" x 2.5"
Battery Type: 12 AA
External Battery Jack: 12-volt
Case design is outstanding from form to function. The case feels well-built and of high-quality materials. The latch has a very positive and snug "snap" when closing.
The buttons on the setup are easy to navigate and straight-forward. However, the cellular set up is a time-consuming, overly complicated mess. Read below for full instructions.
There are two methods for setting up this camera, the method you use depends on the sim card provided. The newest cameras (October 2019 and on) will setup using Method #1. Method #2 will be for the older models.
Download the Stealth Cam Remote app and set up your Stealth Account following the prompts. Next, setup your data plan at: http://secure.stealthcamwireless.com
- First, choose your subscription plan (see table below).
- Enter your email address (this will be your username) and password you will use to access your AT&T data plan account (this is a separate account from you Stealth Cam Remote App account)
- Enter your payment information
- Enter your mailing address (click the box if your mailing address is the same as your billing address
- Agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on the box
- Click sign-up and you will be redirected to the Login page
- Add your camera to the plan by following these steps: A.) navigate to the my services and equipment section. B.) click on the + sign next to your plan. C.) Enter the ICCID of the sim card and the IMEI of the camera. D.) Once the ICCID and IMEI fields are populated click Activate.
Once you have completed the above steps, you will need to complete the cellular wizard setup on the camera. Here are the instructions for that:
Insert the sim card into the camera (with batteries and SD card already inserted), move the camera's power switch to the on position. Press the menu button, then the down arrow to cellular settings, press enter to bring you to the cellular wizard. Press enter twice to begin the wizard. Follow the prompts. The camera will then say connecting to network... then network found.
At this point, enter the same user name and password you created when setting up you Stealth Cam remote app. Once entered, you will see the message connecting to account... then account found - setup complete.
Log in to the app, swipe down and your WXA should appear. The default upload frequency is set to twice a day. We recommend going into the cellular settings menu on the camera and changing the upload frequency to instant. This will allow you to get some test photos to ensure the system is transmitting properly. After which you can adjust the upload frequency setting to best suit your needs.
|Plan||Data||Estimated Images or Videos||Price/Month|
|Intro||50 MB||625 images or 30 videos/month||$5|
|Basic||100 MB||1250 images or 60 videos/month||$8|
|Scout||500 MB||6250 images or 300 videos/month||$14|
|Guide||1 GB||12500 images or 600 videos/month||$20|
|Professional||5 GB||62500 images or 3000 videos/month||$60|
Download the Stealth Cam Remote app and set up your Stealth Account following the prompts.
- Use the link https://buyasession.att.com/sbd/unauth/ShowLogin.action to start your activation process
- Create or login to your account.
- Login to your account and click on "Add a Device."
- Enter your IMEI number. Your IMEI number can be found by putting your wireless camera in the "Test" position and the number will appear at the bottom of your LED screen. This is a 15 digit number.
- Enter your ICCID number found on the back of your included AT&T sim card holder. Please note, this number is not on the actual sim card itself; but rather, on the sim card holder.
- Create a device nickname
- Click on "Manage your Data" to select a data plan and proceed with payment.
- Once you have purchased your data plan, insert your sim card into your camera (with batteries and SD already inserted). Move the camera's power switch to the ON position. Press "Menu", then the down arrow to "Cellular Settings," press enter to bring you to the cellular wizard. Press enter twice to begin the Wizard. Follow the prompts. The camera will then say "Connecting to Network" and then "Network Found." Enter the same user name and password you created when setting up your Steatlh Cam Remote App. Once entered, it should say "Setup Complete."
- Log in to the Stealth Cam app, swipe down and your XVA should appear. Change the upload frequency to instant, this will allow you to get test photos while testing the camera before putting it in the field.
To put it bluntly, the cellular setup is a pain in the butt, especially compared to several cameras on the market that allow you to just scan a bar code and, voila, the setup is done. In total, this setup has taken us about 45 minutes on average each time we have done it. If you aren't tech savvy, you should avoid this camera for this reason alone.
We have no known durability issues at this time but will update the review if anything changes.
Keep in mind, our 2-year warranty program is your free insurance program in case something goes wrong with a camera you purchase from us. This warranty protects you from any manufacturing defect the camera might experience for two years.
The solid picture quality is not enough to overcome such a poor detection circuit and below average battery life. The WXV does seem to reliably send photos, but the battery life and detection circuit are both well under average. The WXV is also relatively complex to setup compared to other cameras on the market.
Since 2005, our mission has to been to provide consumers with unbeatable value, advice you can trust, and customer service that exceeds expectations. There are plenty of places you can choose to do business with, if we are lucky enough to earn your support, we promise to give you our undivided attention. Trailcampro has grown each year not only by relying on your happiness but on the assumption that if we blow you away with customer service, you will brag about us to your friends (have you seen our referral/reward program?).
As always, if you have additional questions, feel free to call, email or chat with us. We look forward to helping you find your next trail camera!
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
FAQ's: Stealth Cam WXA Trail Camera
Q: How do I view the pictures?
A: There are a number of ways to do this. Pictures/videos are stored on the SD card you place in the camera. Here are some other methods for viewing images:
- The pictures are sent to your phone's Stealth app via cellular reception.
- View pictures on your computer. Plug the SD card in a desktop computer or laptop via the built-in SD card reader or use a USB reader if your computer doesn't have one. This method works for most tablets as well. With this method, we recommend having two SD cards per camera so you can swap them in the field.
- Trail Camera Viewers. While more expensive, handheld viewers are useful if you don't have a smartphone or run multiple trail cameras.
Q: Will this trail camera trigger on small animals (birds, rodents, etc.)?
A: Trail cameras detect on a combination of heat and movement, so, yes, small mammals will trigger the camera. However, if you are going after smaller warm-blooded mammals, we recommend getting the camera closer to your target. For best performance, place the camera in an area that would enable picture detection from 3 - 20 ft.
Q: Can animals see the infrared flash on this camera?
A: This is somewhat controversial. Humans can't see the flash as the nanometer spectrum is above what the human eye can detect. It's also much harder for an animal to see, but that could depend on the species of animal as different species see in different light spectrums.
A:This is a low glow trail camera, meaning it has an extremely faint red glow when taking pictures or videos at night. We rate cameras as low glow if we can see the glow within 15 ft., but have a much harder time seeing it at a greater distance.
A: Yes. This is a red glow trail camera, meaning it has a faint red glow when taking pictures or videos at night. Humans and animals can see this if looking at the camera. This does not "light up" the woods, though.
Q: Where can I purchase this camera?
A: From us! We hope to woo you with our incredible charm, two-year warranty, 90-day returns, free continental U.S. shipping, and technical expertise. If that isn't enough, we give you a 16 Gig SD card with this camera and you can call and talk our ear off anytime.
Seriously, though, we know you have plenty of options of where to spend your hard-earned money. The internet can be the wild, wild, west of too-good-to-be-true deals. If you choose to do business with us, we will go out of our way to make sure you are happy with the camera you select and the service we provide you.
We are passionate about testing and reviewing trail cameras, but most importantly, we are passionate about treating our customers the right way. We do things differently from what you have come to expect from other internet retailers and we hope you give us the opportunity to prove that to you.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
- 4G AT&T Cellular Camera (works on AT&T towers - sim card included)
- 42.6° Field of View
- Adjustable PIR sensitivity
- 16:9 widescreen image format
- Password protection
- Operates on 12 AA batteries (use lithium not rechargeable or alkaline)
- 12-Volt External Battery Jack
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two-year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2-Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90-Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free 2-Day Shipping on all orders over $99 to U.S. addresses
- Free shipping will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Trail Camera Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the trail camera.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability, and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The WXA has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $9.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the WXA, but most people use two cards. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.