Trailcampro Customers, Please Read the Following:
- We were successfully able to eventually get the Spypoint Cell-Link camera to work with every camera we tested it with (we installed it in about 12 cameras to test whether they would transmit a photo or not). However, you have to be quite meticulous and do a cable modification to get it to work with Browning cameras (see our write-up in the review). We also can't guarantee it will work with all old, current, and future cameras and we wouldn't have the ability to continue to test every model of camera available.
- In testing several of the Cell-Link's, we found the cable to be too fragile. The inside stands of the cable have pulled away from the SD card (see picture below). We spoke to Spypoint about this issue and they believe that is due to us testing it on so many cameras and that it is a non-issue as a customer wouldn't open and close the camera's clamshell as many times as we did. This very well could be true. However, when we put our exclusive two-year warranty on a product, as we do for all new products purchased from us, we do it with the belief that you, the customer, can expect that product to be durable enough to withstand that period of time on a consistent basis. In this case, we hesitate to guarantee that.
- Finally, our most significant concern about selling this product to our customers is based on how the warranty on your existing trail camera would be affected by using the Cell-Link with it. The Cell-Link requires that a cable breaks the weather-proof seal that protects your trail camera from the elements. It is recommended you do this at the bottom of the camera, to minimize the potential for moisture getting into the camera, however, adding any port of entry for moisture to infiltrate your electronics is not recommended. On top of that, other manufacturers (namely, Browning) have already told us that breaking the weatherproof seal would void your warranty if you/we were to attempt to warranty a camera for moisture damage. This is entirely understandable from their point of view, as they did not design their cameras to be combined with the Cell-Link or any other product that bypasses one of the most crucial elements in keeping a camera's electronics dry. At any rate, since our two-year warranty is tied to the terms of the manufacturer's warranty (which is generally a statement that protects the consumer from manufacturing defect), voiding an active warranty on a trail camera is not something we are willing to risk.
Spypoint Cell Link
The Spypoint Cell Link trail camera gives you the ability to turn almost any of your existing trail cameras into a cellular camera.
The Cell Link uses an SD card attached to a flat cable to connect a non-cellular trail camera to the cellular Spypoint Cell-Link. Pictures are then sent to the Spypoint smartphone app. This app is where you will access photos, buy cellular data (from Spypoint, not from a phone carrier), and change cellular upload options.
The Spypoint Cell-Link uses a LTE Quectel EC21-VD (Verizon) or a EC21-AD (AT&T) module that allows this camera to operate on LTE towers. It is backwards compatible and should work on 4G/3G towers while they are still active.
Here are some things we have picked up so far. The Cell-Link will need a micro SD card (you will need to purchase separately). We have found that you need to format this card in your computer. You will also need to format the SD card that is connected to the cable in your computer.
When possible, have the cable exit the camera at the bottom of the camera. We have concerns that anytime something breaks the seal of a trail camera's gasket that the possibility of letting moisture into a camera amplifies significantly. Maybe this will be an issue, maybe it won't. Either way, having the cable exit the bottom of the camera will help prevent direct entry of water into the camera.
Confirmed compatible cameras:
- Bushnell Core cameras
- Stealth Cam G45NG Max
- Spypoint Force 20
- Browning Dark Ops Pro XD (with folding the cable)
- Browning Dark ops HD Max (with folding cable)
- Browning Patriot (with folding cable)
- Browning Recon Force 4K Edge (with folding cable)
- Browning Spec Ops Edge (with folding cable)
- Covert Hollywood (fold the cable down the side through the bottom)
- Reconyx Hyperfire
Confirmed incompatible cameras:
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 0.09 mW
Picture Power Consumption to Transmit 1 Photo: 39.5 Ws
How to Make the Spypoint Cell-Link work with Browning Trail Cameras
The Problem: It took us a while, but we finally figured out why the Cell-Link was not working with Browning cameras (with Spypoint's help). We initially inserted the sd card, attached to the flat cable, closed the door, and latched it like we had all the other cameras. However, it never sent photos. Turns out, the pressure of latching the door tugged the flat cable down and away from the SD card slot. In turn, this pulled the SD card out of the slot ever-so-slightly. Without the SD card completely in the slot, the camera didn't send pictures.
How to fix: You will need to fold the cable up before allowing it to go out the bottom of the camera (pictured).
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.