Muddy Pro-Cam 10
Muddy Pro-Cam 10 Review
- The Pro-cam 10 appears to have a significant defect in the seal that protects the camera from moisture. The detection circuit is the slowest we have tested this year. Until the gasket is fixed, we do not recommend purchasing this unit. The Pro-cam 10 does not come with our 2-year warranty or return policy. It does still come with manufacturer 1-year warranty. - TCP Staff
Model # mtc100
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score: What's this?
Mpxl Rating | Video ResolutionSee Breakdown ▼
Battery Life:4.3 Months
Resting Power(on) | Daytime Power Consumption | Nighttime Power ConsumptionSee Breakdown ▼
Trigger Speed & Detection:28/100
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed | Detection RangeSee Breakdown ▼
Quality of Design:68/100
Dimensions | Battery Type | External Battery Jack See Breakdown ▼
- Easy programming
- Great picture quality
- Very poor detection circuit
- Below average battery life
- Defective gaskets allow water in
Photo resolution: 10 mpxl | Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 w/ audio | Flash Type: Red Glow Infrared
Picture quality is very solid on the Pro-cam 10. The camera lacks high-end clarity, but color and depth are very nice.
Night pictures have been really good whether the animal is close or far away.
Video quality is poor and drags down this categories rating.
Resting Power (on): 2.57 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 4.93 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 6.71 Ws
The battery data above is average across the board.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 4.3 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 2.61 s. / 18.9 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 2.62 s. / 19.1 s. | Detection Range: 50 ft.
This is the lowest detection circuit score we have given a trail camera. This camera is incredibly slow.
Detection range is 50 ft., slightly below average for this year.
Dimensions: 4.75" x 4.25" x 2.5" | Battery Type: 6 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 Volt
Case design mimics the popular Browning Sub-Micro trail cameras. This is a very small, compact trail camera. The latch is small, thin and feels flimsy. There is a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera for a Slate River Mount. The back has a built-in bracket for a python cable lock.
Programming is simple and easy. Quite literally, it is identical to Browning cameras.
Durability has been poor on the Pro-cam 10. The seals have allowed water into the camera.
Muddy Pro-Cam 10 Conclusion: 57/100
Until the gasket issue is fixed, we do not recommend purchasing this unit.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- 10 mpxl photos (interpolated)
- 1280 x 720 video resolution
- 2-8 photo burst
- Time lapse: 1, 2, 3 or 4 hours after sunrise & before dusk. All day or custom start/end time
- Accepts up to 32 gig SD card
- Requires 6AA batteries
- 12 Volt External Battery Jack
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Muddy Pro-Cam 12 Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Pro Cam 10.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The MTC-100 has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Pro-Cam 10, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.