Stealth Cam PX22
TCP Rating: 57/100
- The PX22 is slow, hard to program, and takes poor day pictures/video. It will last about 6 months on a set of lithium batteries though. - TCP Staff
Stealth Cam PX22 Review
Model # STC-PX22 | PX22 Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score: What's this?
- Night videos have decent flash range
- Slow detection circuit
- Programming is not intuitive
- Daytime video quality is grainy
- Picture quality is poor
The Stealth PX22 is an entry level red glow IR trail camera.
Dimensions: 5.25" x 3.5" x 2.75" | Battery Type: 8 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 Volt
The case design feels really sturdy. The outer plastic is thick, hard and durable. The top latch is larger than the bottom, which makes it easier to manipulate. There is a built-in python cable lock bracket on the back and a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera for a tripod mount.
We really like the battery case design. When the camera opens, There is a detachable cover for the battery compartment. Batteries are easy to load and unload. The inside cover is a nice, practical addition to this camera.
Programming is not user-friendly. There is a switch that selects from QSet1 (Quickset 1), QSet2, QSet3, Custom or Test. Without using the manual, you won't know what any of the Quicksets are. The custom setting, this is the setting we use, can toggle through to change or save settings. The problem is the writing on the tiny setting screen reads like a digital clock. Imagine the clock on your nightstand trying to spell "Time," "Mode," "Burst," "Delete SD," or any other option. We are not a fan of the setup.
Durability is unknown, we will update this review if any new information comes in.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.52 s. / 12.3 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 2.97 s. / 8.9 s. | Detection Range: 60 ft.
Trigger and recovery speed is among the slowest we have tested in years.
Detection range is 60 ft. This is an average detection range.
Photo resolution: 12 mpxl | Flash Type: Red Glow Infrared
Daytime pictures have good color but very little clarity or focus. They are very pixelated.
This camera scored last (for red glow cameras) in our Flash Range Shootout. Night pictures from our field cameras fared better and have what we consider average quality.
Day videos are grainy, pixelated and very poor. Night videos, much like the pictures, scored higher. The PX22 is capable of taking a decent night video.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel ratings trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Resting Power (on): 1.69 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 5.72 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 7.52 Ws
Day and night consumption is middle of the road. Resting power is efficient.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 5.9 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Stealth Cam PX22 Conclusion: 57/100
The Stealth PX22 is simply not a trail camera we can recommend.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- 8 mpxl photos (interpolated)
- Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID on photo stamp
- Red glow infrared flash
- Accepts up to 32 gig sd card
- Python lock bracket on back of camera
- 1/4" by 20 threaded insert on bottom of camera
- External 12-volt battery jack
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two-year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $100
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Stealth PX22 Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the PX22.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The PX22 has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Stealth PX22, but most people use two SD cards. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.