Spypoint Link-Evo Setup Instructions
Spypoint Link-Evo Setup Instructions – Trailcampro.com
- Download the Spypoint Link app to your phone.
- Open the app and setup your account and activate a new camera. Make sure you select the camera model as “Link-Evo.” Setup will not work if you choose the wrong camera.
- The sim card number is located in the battery compartment of the camera. You should not have to take the sim card out, the number is on a white sticker in the battery compartment
- Place 6 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries (or one fully charged Spypoint Rechargeable Lithium Battery Pack) in the camera. Do not use alkaline batteries or nimh rechargeable batteries.
- Place the SD card in the camera. The camera can accept up to a 32 Gig SD Card.
- Turn the camera on. If you are in a building with a metal roof, go outside. During this time, the camera will search for the network. Depending on your area, this could take 1-4 minutes. After all the lights go off, turn the camera off.
- Take the SD card out of the camera and place it in your computer. Open the orange and black file that says “EVO.”
- Make sure the cellular option is on – then hit save. This will place two additional files to the SD card that the camera will need to operate. Exit out of the programs and place the SD card back in the camera. Do not format the SD card.
- Open the Spypoint Link app and login. Go to the “Settings” tab and open “Transfer Frequency.” Set transfer frequency to “Each Detection.” From here, you can change any other setting that you need (keep in mind, the camera will not send videos, so make sure that is still set to “Photo”). If you want instant notification when a photo is taken, turn notifications on in your phone’s settings and in the Link app (upper right dropdown menu).
- Turn your camera back on. If you do not have the Spypoint Link Booster Antenna, you will need at least 3 bars of reception. Once the lights on the camera go off (meaning your camera has found the network), you can do walk tests in front of the camera. Do this for about 5 minutes.
- Clear the app out of your phone and open it again a few minutes after you have completed the walk test. As long as the camera has adequate reception, the photos should start being delivered.
- Call us with any questions, we want to help! 1-800-791-0660. We are open M-F, 8-4 CST.
Quick Note: The “Transfer Frequency” tells the camera how quickly to send photos and check for setting changes. If you do not need instant picture delivery, set this to either 1, 2, 6, or 12 times a day. The less often it uploads pictures, the longer your batteries will last!
Thanks for choosing Trailcampro.com, your business is very important to us. Enjoy the camera!