Moultrie Panoramic 120i
Moultrie P-120i Review
Model # MCG-13269 | P120i Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score:
Picture Quality:Testing in Progress
Mpxl Rating | Video ResolutionSee Breakdown ▼
Battery Life:5.6 Months
Resting Power(on) | Daytime Power Consumption | Nighttime Power ConsumptionSee Breakdown ▼
Trigger Speed & Detection:57/100
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed | Detection RangeSee Breakdown ▼
Quality of Design:81/100
Dimensions | Battery Type | External Battery Jack See Breakdown ▼
Photo resolution: 21 mpxl (interpolated)
Video resolution: 1920 x 1080 w/ audio
Flash Type: Low glow IR (Moultrie labels this no glow but we can see a very faint visible glow)
We are placing cameras in the field. We will post pictures and videos as they become available.
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 2.65 mW
Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 4.3 Ws | 7.6 Ws
Video Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 31.3 Ws | 130.4 Ws
Keep in mind, the battery consumption data is from the Panoramic mode, which is two photos in one. With that in perspective, we are happy with the battery life here even if the rating doesn't reflect that very well.
If this camera were to take 35-day and 35-night pictures every 24 hours, the 2018 P120i would last 5.6 months in the field on a set of 8 AA Lithium Batteries.
If this camera were to take 15-day and 15-night videos (15-second videos are the only option) every 24 hours, it would last 1.4 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.66 s. / 4.6 s.
Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 2.49 s. / 8.6 s.
Detection Range: 60 ft. (maximum)
The detection circuit is slow in both picture and video mode. The detection range is 60 ft., which isn't bad, but by modern standards it is below average.
Dimensions: 6.5" x 4.5" x 4"
Battery Type: 8 AA Batteries
External Battery Jack: 12-Volt
This category is pretty solid. This is obviously a bigger trail camera, but it feels well-made and thought-out. The latch to open and close the camera has an unorthodox mechanism, but it is easy to manipulate, even with cold fingers. We think it is much more practical and durable than it may appear at first glance. The battery tray ejects from the bottom of the camera and fortunately, the batteries are easy to load and unload.
the P120i has two python brackets, both on the back of the camera, and one tripod mount on the bottom of the camera.
We've struggled the last several years with Moultrie's setup process. To us, it isn't intuitive and feels clunky. You shouldn't need the owner's manual to set the camera up, but it does take some getting used to. This shouldn't deter you from purchasing the camera, though, after spending some time with the P120i it starts to feel more natural.
SD Card Storage Examples
With a 16 Gig SD card and the camera taking "Low" photos in the settings (this is our recommended setting as it is closest to the native resolution), this camera could store over 5,000 pictures on the SD card.
With a 16 Gig SD card and the camera taking 1080 video resolution, this trailcam could store 753 10-second videos.
From this data, you can extrapolate out storage capacities of different sized SD cards and different resolution settings. We give you a 16 Gig SD card with the purchase of this camera through us. If you need additional or larger SD cards, you can shop all SD card options here.
Durability will be worth keeping an eye on. With past Panoramic cameras, we have had issues come up. With this one, we haven't seen anything yet but will update the review if something comes up.
Keep in mind, our 2-year warranty program is your free insurance program in case something goes wrong with a camera you purchase from us. This warranty protects you from any manufacturing defect the camera might experience for two years.
Since 2005, our mission has to been to provide consumers with unbeatable value, advice you can trust, and customer service that exceeds expectations. There are a plenty of places you can choose to do business with, if we are lucky enough to earn your support, we promise to give you our undivided attention. Trailcampro has grown each year not only by relying on your happiness but on the assumption that if we blow you away with customer service, you will brag about us to your friends (have you seen our referral/reward program?).
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
FAQ's: Trail Camera
Q: How do I view the pictures?
A: There are a number of ways to do this. Pictures/videos are stored on the SD card you place in the camera.
- View pictures on your computer. Plug the SD card in a desktop computer or laptop via the built-in SD card reader or use a USB reader if your computer doesn't have one. This method works for most tablets as well. With this method, we recommend having two SD cards per camera so you can swap them in the field.
- View pictures on your smartphone. Choose between the iOS Reader for iPhones and the Android Reader. Phone readers require an app to access the photos, you can read more about these via the previous links.
- Trail Camera Viewers. While more expensive, handheld viewers are useful if you don't have a smartphone or run multiple trail cameras.
Q: Will this trail camera trigger on small animals (birds, rodents, etc.)?
A: Trail cameras detect on a combination of heat and movement, so, yes, small mammals will trigger the camera. However, if you are going after smaller warm-blooded mammals, we recommend getting the camera closer to your target. For best performance, place the camera in an area that would enable picture detection from 3 - 20 ft.
Q: Can animals see the infrared flash on this camera?
A: This is somewhat controversial. Moultrie labels this as a no glow camera, but we can visibly see a very faint red glow at night. For practical purposes, this is much less visible than a typical red glow camera, but it is not a true no glow camera either.
Q: Where can I purchase this camera?
A: From us! We hope to woo you with our incredible charm, two-year warranty, 90-day returns, free continental U.S. shipping, and technical expertise. If that isn't enough, we give you a 16 Gig SD card with this camera and you can call and talk our ear off anytime.
Seriously, though, we know you have plenty of options of where to spend your hard-earned money. The internet can be the wild, wild, west of too-good-to-be-true deals. If you choose to do business with us, we will go out of our way to make sure you are happy with the camera you select and the service we provide you.
We are passionate about testing and reviewing trail cameras, but most importantly, we are passionate about treating our customers the right way. We do things differently from what you have come to expect from other internet retailers and we hope you give us the opportunity to prove that to you.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
- Low glow IR Flash - Moultrie labels this as a no glow camera, but we can see a very faint visible red glow
- Compatible with optional Moultrie Field Modem
- Picture delay: 0/10/30 second - 1/5/10/30 minutes
- Photo stamp includes: Time, date, temperature, moon phase, and camera name
- 1-3 photos per trigger
- Accepts up to 32 gig SD card
- Requires 8 AA batteries
- 12-Volt External Battery Jack
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2-Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90-Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Moultrie Panoramic 120i Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Trail Camera.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The P120i has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $9.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the P120i, but most people use two sd cards. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.