WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO!
You must love your new camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house.
Ridgetec Lookout 4G LTE
Looking for the best place to buy a trail camera?
We have cultivated a loyal customer following by focusing on what's important... You! We dedicate countless hours testing & reviewing trail cameras to provide you with the most complete and accurate game camera reviews. Here are a few of the reasons we are confident you will be a happy lifelong customer:
Ridgetec Lookout 4G LTE Trail Camera Review
We are in the process of completing this review. All available information is posted on this page, this review will be finished when we feel we have enough information to make an accurate assessment. - TCP Staff
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score:
Picture Quality:In Progress
Mpxl Rating | Video ResolutionSee Breakdown ▼
Battery Life:4.2 Months
Resting Power(on) | Daytime Power Consumption | Nighttime Power ConsumptionSee Breakdown ▼
Trigger Speed & Detection:In Progress
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed | Detection RangeSee Breakdown ▼
Quality of Design:In Progress
Dimensions | Battery Type | External Battery Jack See Breakdown ▼
The Ridgetec Lookout 4G LTE is especially unique as it comes with both an AT&T and a Verizon sim card. The Quectel EC25-AF LTE module allows it to work on either network. This means you only activate the sim card (ATT or Verizon) for one of the networks.
Photo resolution: 12 mpxl
Video resolution: 1920 x 1080
Flash Type: No Glow IR
We are placing cameras in the field. We will post pictures and videos as they become available.
What if you purchase from us and aren't happy with the image quality?
This is a common question and we have a very simple solution. Call, email, or chat with us and we can take a look at the images and offer suggestions or immediately tell if something is wrong with the camera. If so, we will warranty the camera for you (with the free 2-Year warranty you receive from us) or return the camera for a full refund (within 90 days of purchase). You have control of the process, remember, we work for you.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 0.96 mW
Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 40.94 Ws | 42.34 Ws
If this camera took 15-day pictures and 15-night pictures every 24 hours, it would last 4.2 months on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.47 s. | 28.0 s.
Video Trigger Speed: 0.92 s.
Detection Range & Angle: n/a @ 40.7° Detection Angle (42.1° Field of View)
The trigger speed is fast and plenty quick enough to catch fast-moving animals. The recovery speed is exceptional for a cellular trail camera.
The rest of the detection circuit is under evaluation.
Dimensions: 6" x 4.75" x 3"
Battery Type: 12 AA batteries
External Battery Jack: 12-Volt
The Ridgetec Lookout's case design seems to have taken a play out of the Covert/Spartan playbook. There are all roughly the same size and have the features.
Install 12 AA Lithium batteries, sd card, sim card (ATT or Verizon, depending on the service you want), and antennas.
- On a browser (mobile or computer), visit portal.ridgetec.com and create an account.
- Add a camera by typing in the ICCID number from your sim card. The portal will indicate that a free month was awarded (5,000 points). At this point, the server will send an activation signal to your sim card (this can take several minutes).
- Power up the camera by turn the switch to SET, wait for a cellular connection. You may have to do this several times (by turning off and back to SET).
- Once connection is established, hit MENU and do a NETWORK TEST and then a REPORT TEST (you will see these in the menu). Your camera should show PASS, which means the camera is ready to send photos.
- Turn the camera to ON to fully activate the camera.
- Download the Ridgetec app to your smartphone and login. You can use either the app or the portal to change settings or view settings.
|Monthly Tier*||Data||Price||Add a Camera**|
|1,250 Photos||62.5 MB||$6.95||$6.00|
|2,500 Photos||125 MB||$8.95||$6.00|
|5,000 Photos||250 MB||$11.95||$6.00|
|10,000 Photos||500 MB||$14.95||$6.00|
|20,000 Photos||1 GB||$24.95||$6.00|
|30,000 Photos||1.5 GB||$29.95||$6.00|
|40,000 Photos||2 GB||$34.95||$6.00|
|50,000 Photos||2.5 GB||$39.95||$6.00|
|75,000 Photos||3.75 GB||$59.95||$6.00|
|100,000 Photos||5 GB||$77.95||$6.00|
*1 Photo = 1 Point (Low Resolution)
** Monthly cost per additional camera
Data plan costs appear to be very affordable and offer you the ability to share data over multiple cameras. However, data plan costs aren't super intuitive and are a little complicated. It helps to think in the above chart as pictures being the same thing as points. This then relates directly to the upload resolution that you choose from the below chart.
Point Cost per Upload
|Upload Resolution||Photo Mode||Video Mode|
|High Res Max/HD 1080p||13||11|
We like the ability to choose upload resolution and give that power to the user. It does come at a cost, however, you get to choose whether it is worth it or not.
Overall, setting the camera up is relatively easy. We would like the ability to do the set up via the smartphone app, but for now, you will need to use a browser.
We are evaluating the durability and will update the review accordingly.
Keep in mind, our 2-year warranty program is your free insurance program in case something goes wrong with a camera you purchase from us. This warranty protects you from any manufacturing defect the camera might experience for two years.
Since 2005, our mission has to been to provide consumers with unbeatable value, advice you can trust, and customer service that exceeds expectations. There are plenty of places you can choose to do business with, if we are lucky enough to earn your support, we promise to give you our undivided attention. Trailcampro has grown each year not only by relying on your happiness but on the assumption that if we blow you away with customer service, you will brag about us to your friends (have you seen our referral/reward program?).
As always, if you have additional questions, feel free to call, email or chat with us. We look forward to helping you find your next trail camera!
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
FAQ's: Trail Camera
Q: How do I view the pictures?
A: There are a number of ways to do this. Pictures/videos are stored on the SD card you place in the camera. Here are some other methods for viewing images:
- View pictures on your computer. Plug the SD card in a desktop computer or laptop via the built-in SD card reader or use a USB reader if your computer doesn't have one. This method works for most tablets as well. With this method, we recommend having two SD cards per camera so you can swap them in the field.
- Trail Camera Viewers. While more expensive, handheld viewers are useful if you don't have a smartphone or run multiple trail cameras.
Q: Will this trail camera trigger on small animals (birds, rodents, etc.)?
A: Trail cameras detect on a combination of heat and movement, so, yes, small mammals will trigger the camera. However, if you are going after smaller warm-blooded mammals, we recommend getting the camera closer to your target. For best performance, place the camera in an area that would enable picture detection from 3 - 20 ft.
Q: Can animals see the infrared flash on this camera?
A: This is somewhat controversial. Humans can't see the flash as the nanometer spectrum is above what the human eye can detect. It's also much harder for an animal to see, but that could depend on the species of animal as different species see in different light spectrums.
Q: Where can I purchase this camera?
A: From us! We hope to woo you with our incredible charm, two-year warranty, 90-day returns, free continental U.S. shipping, and technical expertise. If that isn't enough, we give you a 16 Gig SD card with this camera and you can call and talk our ear off anytime.
Seriously, though, we know you have plenty of options of where to spend your hard-earned money. The internet can be the wild, wild, west of too-good-to-be-true deals. If you choose to do business with us, we will go out of our way to make sure you are happy with the camera you select and the service we provide you.
We are passionate about testing and reviewing trail cameras, but most importantly, we are passionate about treating our customers the right way. We do things differently from what you have come to expect from other internet retailers and we hope you give us the opportunity to prove that to you.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
- 4G LTE Verizon & ATT cellular camera (comes with a sim card from each)
- Canadian customers: compatible with Bell, Rogers, and Telus
- No glow IR flash
- 2.4" internal viewing screen
- 12 mpxl photos
- 1920 x1080 video resolution
- Date, time, temperature and moon phase time stamp options
- Requires 12 AA batteries (lithium)
- 12-Volt External Battery Jack
- Accepts up to 64 Gig SD card
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two-year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2-Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90-Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free 2-Day Shipping on all orders over $99 to U.S. addresses
- Free shipping will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Trail Camera Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the trail camera.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability, and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The Lookout has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $9.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Lookout, but most people use two cards. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.