Stealth Cam FLX Wifi Review
As one of the only true wifi trail cameras on the market, the Stealth FLX does a good job taking and sending high quality photos via an existing wifi connection. The detection range and battery life are a little limited, however, picture quality is outstanding and the cameras has a well built case design. - TCP Staff
Model #STC-XV4WF | Stealth Cam FLX Owner's Manual
- Sends pictures via an existing wifi connection
- Great picture quality
- Limited detection range
- Below-average battery life
Photo Resolution: 30 mpxl (interpolated)
Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080 w/ audio
Flash Type: No Glow IR
Daytime photo quality appears to be a real strength. The clarity, depth, and focus appear to be really strong. Overall, day pictures are excellent.
Night pictures are also really good. The FLX game trail camera has good flash range, clarity, and contrast. These pictures work really well for security and wildlife purposes.
What if you purchase from us and aren't happy with the image quality?
This is a common question and we have a very simple solution. Call, email, or chat with us and we can take a look at the images and offer suggestions or immediately tell if something is wrong with the camera. If so, we will warranty the camera for you (with the free 2-Year warranty you receive from us) or return the camera for a full refund (within 90 days of purchase). You have control of the process, remember, we work for you.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 1.73 mW
Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 49.59 mW | 52.45 Ws
If this camera took 15-day pictures and 15-night pictures every 24 hours, it would last 2.2 months on a set of lithium batteries.
If this camera were to take 15-day and 15-night videos (10-second videos) every 24 hours, it would last 1.1 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries. These are transmitted videos.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.34 s. | 44.9 s.
Detection Range & Angle: 60 ft. @ 48.2° Detection Angle (42.5° field of view)
The trigger speed is fast and the recovery speed is what you should expect for a wifi trail camera. The detection range is below average and there is a bit of a discrepancy between the detection angle and the field of view. Overall, this is an adequate detection circuit.
Dimensions: 5.5" x 3.75" x 2.5"
Battery Type: 8 AA
External Battery Jack: 12-volt
Case design on the FLX is extremely solid. It has the feeling of a well-made trail camera. The latch works flawlessly, the battery tray slides out easily and the camera has a built-in bracket for a python lock (that locks the latch closed as well). There is a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera for a Slate River Mount.
The Stealth Cam FLX is one of the only cameras that can connect to your home or business wifi and remotely send pictures to an app on your smartphone. This is not a cellular camera, it is a wifi camera. If you want to use this in wifi mode, you must already have an existing wifi connection in the area that the camera will be placed. What does this mean? If you do not have wifi, it won't send photos. The FLX can still take and store photos to the SD card if there is no wifi connection, but it won't send without the wifi.
Download the Stealth Cam Remote app to your smartphone. Create an account and follow the prompts to set a Stealth Cam FLX camera to the wireless mode. The wireless guide will walk you through the binding process that enables you to connect the camera to your existing wifi network.
Overall, the setup process can take 10-15 minutes. It is neither over complicated nor is it easy. Expect to spend a bit of time doing this.
We currently haven't see anything of note on warranty rates, if that changes, we will update this review immediately.
Keep in mind, our 2-year warranty program is your free insurance program in case something goes wrong with a camera you purchase from us. This warranty protects you from any manufacturing defect the camera might experience for two years.
As one of the only true wifi trail cameras on the market, the Stealth FLX does a good job taking and sending high quality photos via an existing wifi connection. The detection range and battery life are a little limited, however, picture quality is outstanding and the cameras has a well built case design.
Since 2005, our mission has to been to provide consumers with unbeatable value, advice you can trust, and customer service that exceeds expectations. There are plenty of places you can choose to do business with, if we are lucky enough to earn your support, we promise to give you our undivided attention. Trailcampro has grown each year not only by relying on your happiness but on the assumption that if we blow you away with customer service, you will brag about us to your friends (have you seen our referral/reward program?).
As always, if you have additional questions, feel free to call, email or chat with us. We look forward to helping you find your next trail camera!
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
FAQ's: Stealth Cam FLX Trail Camera
Q: How do I view the pictures?
A: There are a number of ways to do this. Pictures/videos are stored on the SD card you place in the camera. Here are some other methods for viewing images:
- View pictures on your computer. Plug the SD card in a desktop computer or laptop via the built-in SD card reader or use a USB reader if your computer doesn't have one. This method works for most tablets as well. With this method, we recommend having two SD cards per camera so you can swap them in the field.
- Trail Camera Viewers. While more expensive, handheld viewers are useful if you don't have a smartphone or run multiple trail cameras.
Q: Will this trail camera trigger on small animals (birds, rodents, etc.)?
A: Trail cameras detect on a combination of heat and movement, so, yes, small mammals will trigger the camera. However, if you are going after smaller warm-blooded mammals, we recommend getting the game trail camera closer to your target. For best performance, place the camera in an area that would enable picture detection from 3 - 20 ft.
Q: Can animals see the infrared flash on this camera?
A: This is somewhat controversial. Humans can't see the flash as the nanometer spectrum is above what the human eye can detect. It's also much harder for an animal to see, but that could depend on the species of animal as different species see in different light spectrums.
Q: Where can I purchase this camera?
A: From us! We hope to woo you with our incredible charm, two-year warranty, 90-day returns, free continental U.S. shipping, and technical expertise. If that isn't enough, we give you a 16 Gig SD card with this camera and you can call and talk our ear off anytime.
Seriously, though, we know you have plenty of options of where to spend your hard-earned money. The internet can be the wild, wild, west of too-good-to-be-true deals. If you choose to do business with us, we will go out of our way to make sure you are happy with the camera you select and the service we provide you.
We are passionate about testing and reviewing trail cameras, but most importantly, we are passionate about treating our customers the right way. We do things differently from what you have come to expect from other internet retailers and we hope you give us the opportunity to prove that to you.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.