Muddy Mitigator Cellular Trail Camera Review
The Muddy Mitigator is a cellular camera that is great for anyone that is needing pictures sent to their device with a budget. This unit has a much slower-than-average detection. Learn more about this Muddy's Mitigator cellular trail camera below. - TCP Staff
Model # MUD-MTGTR | Muddy Mitigator Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score:
24 Mpxl Photos (interpolated)
Battery Life:3.3 Months (pics)
Using 15 pics day + night
Trigger Speed & Detection:80/100
Trigger & Recovery: 0.6 s. - 58.5 s. (Pictures) | 80 ft. Range
Quality of Design:81/100
8 AA Batteries | 12V External Battery Jack
- On Demand Photos
- Automatic Dual Network Connectivity (AT&T/Verizon)
- 2 Photo Burst
- Operating Hours
- Camera Location
- Battery Life
- Only Takes Photos
Photo resolution: 24 mpxl (interpolated)
Flash Type: No Glow
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 1.1 mW
Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 46.2 Ws | 44.3 Ws
Here are your best battery options:
Trailcampro Choice: AmpTORRENT Rechargeable AA Lithium
If the Muddy Mitigator were to take 15-day and 15-night pictures every 24 hours, this camera would last 2.2 months in the field - per charge - on a set of AmpTorrent Rechargeable AA Lithium batteries.
There are a number of benefits to these batteries:
- Up to 1,200 charges
- Consistent 1.5 volt operation
- Charges with the included USB cable
- Eco-friendly (less batteries in a landfill)
- Batteries pay for themselves after 2-3 charges
Longest Lasting Choice: Energizer Ultimate Lithium
If the Muddy Mitigator were to take 15-day and 15-night pictures every 24 hours, this camera would last 3.3 months in the field on a set of Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries.
Ultimate Lithium batteries are the longest-lasting battery choice due to their incredible consistency and capacity. We've loved these batteries for a long time. However, in recent years they have become cost prohibitive and forced us to seek out a more affordable, eco-friendly option.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.6 s. - 58.5 s.
Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: n/a
Detection Range & Angle: 100 ft. @ 44.4° (57.5° field of view)
Dimensions: 5 x 4 x 2 1/2
Battery Type: 8 AA
External Battery Jack: 12 V
The Muddy Matrix feels like a camera in the $100 price range. However, the latch operates easily, but feels as it could be broken. The battery compartment seems to hold the batteries really well. We like that the antenna port comes off the side of the camera (and not the top) as this can help keep moisture from pooling at this entry port. The antenna on the unit is very light. This will blend in well with a darker color of design.
- Download Stealth Cam Command app and create an account (or sign in)
- Add device (hit + button). Access your QR code underneath the battery tray. Follow instructions to finish
- Tap on your camera within the app and select "Camera Setup" to access settings.
Test your camera connect at any time by pressing the Sync button. This will take a test photo and instantly attempt to upload it. If your camera is successful you will see the photo appear in the app. Otherwise, one of the following LED codes will display:
- Flashing green battery indicates checking camera hardware status
- Solid green battery and flashing network indicates checking camera for internet connection
- Solid green battery, Network and flashing account indicates checking camera for account
- 3 Solid LEDs indicate account found and camera is successfully registered
- All 3 LEDs will blink green to indicate photo upload in progress. LEDs will turn off to indicate camera is asleep and ready for deployment
- Solid red battery indicates low battery or no sd card
- Solid green battery and solid red network indicate no sim card, low signal, or no data plan
- Solid green battery, network and solid red account indicates no account found
The vast majority of consumer-grade trail cameras are inexpensive, imported devices exposed to harsh conditions 24/7/365. Most manufacturers only offer a one-year warranty. We stock only the most durable units and provide an additional year of warranty at no extra charge. The Trailcampro exclusive 2-year warranty allows you to deal directly with Trailcampro avoiding long wait times on hold with the manufacturer and prolonged periods without a replacement camera. We turn around most warranties in just one business day!
All test results are achieved through the use of proprietary equipment used exclusively by Trailcampro. Any re-publication of this data without prior written consent is strictly prohibited by law. COPYRIGHT TRAILCAMPRO, L.L.C. 2023, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras