The 2015 Browning Strike Force HD has been discontinued.
Click the following link to shop new Browning Cameras
2015 Browning Strike Force HD Review
This is a discontinued camera. Shop new Browning Trail Cameras. The Strike Force HD became a top selling trailcam in 2014 & 2015 due to solid speed, picture quality, and easy programming. - TCP Staff
- Incredibly quick recovery time
- Good picture quality
- Solid detection zone
- Fast picture & video recovery time
- Only capable of 10 second night videos
- High day/night power consumption
This multi-year Strike Force review takes a look at why the 2015 Browning Strike Force HD remains one of the most popular game cameras on the market.
Photo resolution: 10, 8, 4, 2 mpxl | Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 w/ audio | Flash Type: Red Glow Infrared
The daytime pictures we have collected are a mix of great and very good. Color, clarity, and contrast all appear to be very strong, but occasionally we do see some washed out photos or pixelated images.
Night pictures are very solid, the flash range is more than sufficient and the contrast and clarity are top-notch. You will even notice there is minimal "white-out" on animals that are close to the camera. The only knock here is most of the infrared emitters are focused in the center of the image. The edges of the pictures can be darker than the center.
In the past, many people have been confused with the megapixel ratings trail camera manufacturers advertise. Don't get caught up in this. We consider 99% of megapixel ratings to be a marketing gimmick. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture. The only way to judge picture quality is through the pictures a trail camera takes. For instance, the Strike Force HD interpolates its photos out to 8 mpxl (if you choose "ultra" photo quality in the settings). We consider interpolation completely unnecessary, however, every manufacturer employs this tactic. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that the camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
The video quality looks to be really good both during the day and night. Day videos have excellent color, clarity and the video is very smooth. Night videos have sharp focus and good flash range. The video files are quite large, though, and the night videos are only capable of 10-second clips. We knocked down the night rating because of the 10-second maximum video length. Day videos can be set from anywhere between 5 seconds and 2 minutes.
Resting Power (on): 0.9 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 6.12 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 7.8 Ws
The resting current is top-notch and barely draws any power at all. The day and night consumption is high, in large part because they stay powered up in order to take the next photo quicker.
The camera operates on 6 AA batteries. You will get the best performance out of your camera if you use Lithium batteries. Alkaline batteries will work, but they are very unreliable and drain faster in cold weather. The Strike Force HD will work with Tenergy Nimh Rechargeable batteries.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hours, this camera could last 4.8 months in the field (with lithiums).
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.88 s. / 1.4 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.51 s. / 1.8 s. | Detection Range: 60 ft.
The picture and video trigger speed are both pretty good but the obvious standout here is the incredible recovery time. There aren't many sub-2 second recovery time cameras on the market, especially not ones this affordable. Even the video recovery is fast.
Detection range remains 60 ft. Keep in mind detection range can change with ambient temperature or with the way a camera is mounted. For maximum range, the horizon needs to be centered in the middle of a photo the camera takes.
Dimensions: 4.75" x 4" x 3" | Battery Type: 6 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 Volt
This is a very small, compact, easy to conceal trail camera. All the buttons for programming work pretty well, although sometimes you will have to push a button a second time for it to react.
The battery tray ejects from the bottom, the eject button is a bit sticky and doesn't feel as positive as others we have tested. Outside of us being overly nit-picky on the case design, the camera is well-built and works as it should.
The programming on the camera is very simple and easy to use. The Strike Force HD does lack a few programmable features that we like, such as; overwrite function, password protection, and PIR/Flash Range settings. However, you shouldn't have problems programming this camera. Here is a breakdown of some of the popular settings:
- 1-8 multi-shot
- 5 s. - 120 s. video clips
- Time Lapse: 1/2/3 hr (am & pm) or All Day (Sunrise to Sunset). 5 s. - 60 min. time intervals
- Photo Stamp: Time, date, temperature, moon phase and camera name
- Picture + Video Mode: No
- Dynamic video: No
- Start/Stop Time: No
- Password Protection: No
- SD Card Overwrite: No
- PIR Settings: No
- Flash Settings: No
As for reliability, the biggest issue we have seen is the durability of the latches. We have replaced a rather large number of them. If you break yours, we can send you a replacement under our 2-year warranty.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing from us.Back to Top of Page
Additional Resources: Browning Trail Cameras
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Purchase your next trail camera with the Experts!
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.