This is a discontinued trail camera. To view current models, click here Bushnell Trail Cameras. - TCP Staff
Bushnell Aggressor Low Glow Review
We love the Bushnell Aggressor HD and its combination of incredible speed, picture quality, long battery life and excellent case design. We currently recommend this camera trap over almost everything else. - TCP Staff
Model # 11-9774c | Bushnell Aggressor Owner's Manual
- Best detection zone of 2016
- Great battery life
- Good video/picture quality
- Excellent case design
- 110 ft. detection range
- Video trigger and recovery times are slow
- Batteries are hard to remove
You will see this camera listed as both Aggressor Low Glow and Aggressor Red Glow. We prefer "Red Glow" just for consistency. Just know, the Bushnell Aggressor Red Glow and the Bushnell Aggressor Low Glow are the same camera.
Without question, the Bushnell Trophy Cam Aggressor HD is currently one of the premier trail cameras on the market. Loaded with features and performance, but light on price, the Aggressor HD was a favorite of many trail camera enthusiasts. Let's take a look at the Bushnell Aggressor HD review to see why it is so popular.
Dimensions: 5.75" x 4.25" x 3" | Battery Type: 8 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 6 Volt
Programming is identical to any modern Bushnell - pretty easy to navigate and intuitive. Outside of not having password protection and SD card overwrite, the Aggressor has basically any programming feature you would want.
There is even an AM, PM or 24-hour run time setting just in case you only want the camera to run during certain times of the day. Here is a breakdown of some of the settings:
- 1-3 multi-shot
- Photo Stamp: Time, date, temperature, moon phase and camera name
- Picture + Video Mode: Yes
- Start/Stop Time: AM, PM, 24 Hr.
- Password Protection: No
- SD Card Overwrite: No
- PIR Settings: Low, Normal, High, Auto
- Flash Settings: Low, Medium, High
Case design is excellent. The hinge design is big, strong and works well - even when it's cold out. The materials used are strong and durable.
The only downside to the case design is the battery compartment. It holds the batteries well, but they are just hard to remove.
The bracket on the back allows for a python cable lock to slide through the camera and lock to a tree. There are 1/4" x 20 threaded inserts on the back and bottom of the camera to thread into a Slate River Angle Mount.
Durability is pretty typical of a camera made overseas. We have noticed a glitch when the camera is set to 1-second recovery. With recovery set at 1-second, the Bushnell Aggressor HD will capture multiple dark images on night pictures. If you set the camera to 2-second recovery, the pictures are fine.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.13 s. / 0.98 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 2.4 s. / 5.0 s. | Detection Range: 110 ft.
The Bushnell Aggressor HD has a blistering fast 0.13-second trigger and recovery is under 1 second. In theory, this means the camera is capable of recording two pictures of an animal in just 1.24 seconds from the moment the animal is detected. Folks, trail cameras don't get any faster than this.
Video trigger time isn't nearly as impressive. In fact, it is quite slow. 2.4 seconds is a long time for the camera to wake up and start recording.
5 seconds for video recovery is pretty good. This isn't slow, but it also isn't the best we have tested. Recovery time is very respectable, but the Aggressor HD could use some improvements to the video detection circuit.
In our detection test, the Aggressor detected out a whopping 110 ft., this beat all other cameras hands down.
It does struggle to match the detection angle to the field of view. The is a 10.5º difference between the f.o.v. and the d.a.
This will result in the camera taking pictures of animals that are inside the detection area, but still outside the field of view, or what some people refer to as, false triggers.
Photo resolution: 14, 8 or 3 mpxl | Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080 w/ audio | Flash Type: Red Glow Infrared
Day pictures have clarity, excellent color, and good depth. The Aggressor will take dark day picture if placed in heavy shade. Also, we have always noticed Bushnell cameras have a tendency to overexpose in bright sunlight.
Overall, day pictures are outstanding and we have very few complaints.
We have been very happy with the red glow infrared night pictures this camera takes. The pictures have plenty of flash range, solid clarity and only a slight tendency to overexpose.
If you want to maximize your night pictures, have the horizon about midway up the picture. Don't point the camera into the ground or an area when objects are close to the camera and bounce light back (creating the overexposure).
When this camera takes a picture or video at night, the infrared LEDs will glow red. For pictures, this will be over in less than a second, for videos the glow will stay on while the videos are recording.
We consider videos to be another strong suit of the Bushnell Aggressor HD. The higher resolution video is a big plus for trail camera video lovers. The color is bright, the contrast is strong and the camera records seamlessly.
If you are using a Mac computer, you will need to download a DVIX player to make the videos compatible with your Mac. This can be found online, for free.
Many people believe the mpxl rating manufacturers advertise are an indication of picture quality. They aren't. In fact, they aren't really true. Companies inflate the megapixel rating of their cameras with "interpolation," this digitally adds megapixels. For instance, this camera is rated at 14 megapixels, but this is not a 14 mpxl camera. They interpolate the photos up to 14, from a camera that is way lower in actual megapixels. Most cameras are actually somewhere between 2 and 5 megapixels.
Every company employs this tactic because the average consumer has been tricked to think more mpxls = better pictures. Don't be fooled. Make your next buying decision based on real photos - not marketing gimmicks.
Resting Power (on): 1.32 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 3.83 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 4.87 Ws
The resting power is exceptional and the day/night consumption is very good. This camera is very efficient and capable of long battery life.
This camera operates on 8 AA batteries. It is capable of using alkaline, NiMH and lithium batteries. Our preference is lithium batteries, they will last the longest and be the most reliable. Alkaline batteries are by far the most unreliable battery.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period it would last an astounding 8.6 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Enjoy our Bushnell Aggressor reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- Red glow infrared flash
- 14 mpxl interpolated photos
- 1920 x 1080 video resolution w/ audio
- 1-60 s. video clips
- Hybrid capture mode - captures a picture and then a video on one triggered event
- Field scan 2X (time lapse twice a day)
- Time, date, temperature, moon phase, and GPS Geotag stamps
- 1-3 multi-shot
- Start/Stop time: AM, PM, 24 Hr.
- PIR settings: Low, Normal, High, Auto
- Flash settings: Low, Medium, High
- Requires 8 AA batteries
- Accepts up to 32 gig SD card
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Bushnell Aggressor Red Glow Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Aggressor.
Energizer Ultimate Lithiums | 8 Pack
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
Bushnell Aggressor Security Case
- Use this to protect your new camera from bears and thieves. It provides much needed peace of mind when leaving your camera out in nature.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The Aggressor Red Glow has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Aggressor Red Glow, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Purchase your next trail camera with the Experts!
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.