Bushnell NatureView Cam HD Live View
2016 Bushnell Natureview Review
- This is a close-focus trail camera designed for taking high-quality pictures of animals within 3 meters. The Natureview also comes with 2 additional lenses and a remote that plugs into the camera and shows the live view of the camera lens. - TCP Staff
Model # 11-9740 | Liveview Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score: What's this?
Mpxl Rating | Video ResolutionSee Breakdown ▼
Battery Life:11.4 Months
Resting Power(on) | Daytime Power Consumption | Nighttime Power ConsumptionSee Breakdown ▼
Trigger Speed & Detection:79/100
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed | Detection RangeSee Breakdown ▼
Quality of Design:82/100
Dimensions | Battery Type | External Battery Jack See Breakdown ▼
- Crisp focus on objects close to the camera
- Great picture detection
- Excellent battery life
- Comes with f600 mm and f460 mm camera lenses
- Slow video trigger speed
- Requires a remote to program the camera
The Bushnell Natureview Cam is designed with one thing in mind, close focus wildlife photography. This is the most popular camera for anyone using the camera for bird watching, rodent surveys or any other project that involves taking pictures within a few meters of the camera.
Normal trail cameras have trouble focusing on animals near the camera. The 2016 Natureview comes with f600 mm and f460 mm camera lenses that screw onto the front of the lens.
Photo resolution: 14, 8 or 3 mpxl | Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080 w/ audio | Flash Type: No Glow Infrared
This category is a tale of two extremes. Day pictures are incredible and some of the best you will ever see. Outstanding clarity, great color, and consistent quality on all the photos. Extremely impressive. Night photos ranked among the worst in our Flash Range Test. We apologize for the lack of night sample images. For whatever reason, we couldn't get any critters to come by the bird feeders at night. Check the Flash Range Test for night images.
Most, not all, of the users who want a close-focus camera like this aren't as interested in the night photos as they are the day pictures. So the importance of this will be entirely up to you.
Video quality mimics picture quality. These are among the best HD trailcam daytime videos you will ever see.
Resting Power (on): 1.26 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 4.63 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 5.82 Ws
Battery data is outstanding. Low draws across the board. The Natureview HD is an efficient game camera.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last an astounding 11.4 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.26 s. / 0.7 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 2.14 s. / 4.8 s. | Detection Range: 90 ft.
You can't ask for a much faster picture taking camera. 1/4 second trigger speed and recovery well under a second. Video trigger is on the opposite end of the spectrum, it is very slow.
Detection range is an incredibly impressive 90 ft. Other than the slow video times, this is a great detection zone.
Dimensions: 6.5" x 4.5" x 2.75" | Battery Type: 12 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 6 Volt
Case design is solid, but not as good as the new Bushnell Aggressor models. The batteries are a very snug fit. The camera has a python bracket in the back and a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the unit for a Slate River Mount. The additional lenses that come with the camera simply screw in and out of the front of the camera. They are very easy to change.
Programming is unique as it requires the remote (comes with the camera). From the remote, you can change settings and see the camera's field of view (hence the name Liveview). The remote plugs into the bottom of the camera so this is not a wireless unit.
Programming and setup are extremely easy, it is just important you don't leave the remote at home when checking the camera in the field.
Durability, to date, has been excellent. No issues have come up.
Bushnell Natureview Liveview Conclusion: 82/100
Daytime picture quality on this camera is nearly unmatched. For bird watchers and wildlife researchers that need a close-focus game camera, the Natureview Liveview gets our highest recommendation.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- 14 mpxl interpolated photos
- 1920 x 1080 HD Video w/ audio
- No glow infrared flash
- 24 hr/Day/Night mode
- Adjustable PIR (low/medium/high) or Auto PIR
- No glow infrared flash
- Trigger interval: 1 sec. to 60 min.
- Multi-shot mode: 1-3 images per trigger
- Video length: 1 second to 60 seconds, programmable
- 1/4 x 20 threaded insert
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90 day return policy and our exclusive 2 year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
2016 Bushnell NatureView Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Bushnell Natureview.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The Natureview has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Natureview, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.