ushnell Natureview Review
- This is a close-focus trail camera designed for taking high-quality pictures of animals within 3 meters. The Natureview also comes with 2 additional lenses and a remote that plugs into the camera and shows the live view of the camera lens. - TCP Staff
Model # 11-9740 | Liveview Owner's Manual
Bushnell Natureview Cam HD Trail Camera Review
- Crisp focus on objects close to the camera
- Great picture detection
- Excellent battery life
- Comes with f600 mm and f460 mm camera lenses
- Slow video trigger speed
- Requires a remote to program the camera
The Bushnell Natureview Cam is designed with one thing in mind, close focus wildlife photography. This is the most popular camera for anyone using the camera for bird watching, rodent surveys or any other project that involves taking pictures within a few meters of the camera.
Normal trail cameras have trouble focusing on animals near the camera. The 2018 Natureview comes with f600 mm and f460 mm camera lenses that screw onto the front of the lens.
Photo resolution: 14, 8 or 3 mpxl | Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080 w/ audio | Flash Type: Low Glow Infrared
This category is a tale of two extremes. Day pictures are incredible and some of the best you will ever see. Outstanding clarity, great color, and consistent quality on all the photos. Extremely impressive. Night photos ranked among the worst in our Flash Range Test. We apologize for the lack of night sample images. For whatever reason, we couldn't get any critters to come by the bird feeders at night. Check the Flash Range Test for night images.
Most, not all, of the users who want a close-focus game trail camera like this aren't as interested in the night photos as they are the day pictures. So the importance of this will be entirely up to you.
Video quality mimics picture quality. These are among the best HD trailcam daytime videos you will ever see.
Resting Power (on): 1.26 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 4.63 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 5.82 Ws
Battery data is outstanding. Low draws across the board. The Natureview HD is an efficient game camera.
If this Bushnell Natureview Cam HD were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last an astounding 11.4 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
If this Bushnell Natureview HD Live View trail camera were to take 15-day videos and 15-night videos every 24 hour period, this camera would last 2.7 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries. This is with 10-second video clips.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.26 s. / 0.7 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 2.14 s. / 4.8 s. | Detection Range & Angle: 100 ft. | 43° (42.4° F.O.V.)
You can't ask for a much faster picture taking camera. 1/4 second trigger speed and recovery well under a second. Video trigger is on the opposite end of the spectrum, it is very slow.
Detection range is an incredibly impressive 100 ft. Other than the slow video times, this is a great detection zone.
Dimensions: 6.5" x 4.5" x 2.75" | Battery Type: 12 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 6 Volt
Case design is solid but not as good as the new Bushnell Aggressor models. The batteries are a very snug fit. The camera has a python bracket in the back and a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the unit for a Slate River Mount. The additional lenses that come with the camera simply screw in and out of the front of the game trail camera. They are very easy to change.
Programming is unique as it requires the remote (comes with the camera). From the remote, you can change settings and see the camera's field of view (hence the name Liveview). The remote plugs into the bottom of the camera so this is not a wireless unit.
Programming and setup are extremely easy, it is just important you don't leave the remote at home when checking the camera in the field.
Durability, to date, has been excellent. No issues have come up.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.