At this sales prices, this camera does not include our two-year warranty, 90 day return policy, or free SD card They still come with manufacturer warranty. All sales final.
- Color night videos should be what you need if you are looking at the Covert Illuminator. Unfortunately, the detection speed is relatively slow, so the animals will need to be in front of the camera for some time. - TCP Staff
Covert Illuminator Review
Model # 2915 | Covert Illuminator Owners Manual
- Color night videos & photos
- Good daytime photos
- 2" Internal Viewer
- Fantastic battery life
- Slow trigger & recovery speed
The Covert Illuminator is a white LED trail camera. The LEDs produce an extremely bright white flash when taking pictures or videos at night. This enables the camera to take color night pictures/videos.
Dimensions: 5.5" x 4" x 3" | Battery Type: 12 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 6 Volt
The Illuminator has a built in bracket for a python cable lock and a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom for a Slate River Mount.
This is one of the few cameras on the market that still has an internal picture viewer (2"). You can view pictures on this screen from the inside of the camera.
One of the most impressive features of this camera is the long list of programmable functions. Not only does the Illuminator have overwrite function, password protection, and PIR controls; this is one of a very few that has start/stop time. This means the camera can be set to turn on at custom time intervals during the day. There are only a handful of cameras that have this feature.
Programming the camera is incredibly easy and intuitive. You shouldn't have problems getting this camera up and running without looking at the manual. Here is a look at many of the popular setting options:
- 1-3 multi-shot
- 5 s. - 60 s. video clips
- Time Lapse: custom start/stop time. 5 s. - 8 hr. time intervals
- Photo Stamp: Time, date, temperature and moon phase
- Picture + Video Mode: No
- Start/Stop Time: Yes
- Password Protection: Yes
- SD Card Overwrite: Yes
- PIR Settings: Yes | High, Low
- Flash Settings: No
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.08 s. / 5.8 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.49 s. / 5.1 s. | Detection Range: 60 ft.
Trigger and recovery times have improved slightly on the 2016 Illuminator scouting camera. However, they are still below average.
Detection zone is decent, it is just the overall detection capabilities are hampered by the slow, methodical recovery time.
Photo resolution: 12, 8, 5 or 3 mpxl | Video Resolution: 320 x 240 w/ audio | Flash Type: White LED
Day pictures have great color and clarity. They are vivid and very true to life. We saw a bit of blur during the day, but nothing alarming.
Night pictures come from the white LED flash. This enables the Illuminator to take color night images (and videos). These are typical of white LED pictures - colorful but blurry. Flash range is decent but not spectacular.
Resting Power (on): 3.36 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 2.38 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 3.15 Ws
For 2016, the Illuminator has greatly improved battery life. Resting power dropped almost 2 milliwatts. For a white LED scouting camera, this is incredible battery data.
The camera operates on 12 AA batteries. You will get the best performance out of your camera if you use Lithium batteries. Alkaline batteries will work, but they are very unreliable and drain faster in cold weather. The Illiminator will work with Tenergy Nimh Rechargeable batteries.
If this camera were to take 35 day pictures and 35 night pictures every 24 hours, this camera could last 11.2 months in the field (with lithiums).
Covert Illuminator Conclusion:
The Covert Illuminator has improved significantly in 2016. Better battery life and a slight improvement to detection speed being the biggest improvements. We would like to see less blurry night images, but that seems to be the case with every white LED scouting camera. Buy this camera if you need an affordable trail camera that takes color night videos.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
- 12 Mpxl photo resolution (interpolated)
- White LED Flash
- Color day and night images
- Time, temperature, date and moon phase stamp on each image
- 2" internal color viewer
- 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera
- Built in python cable bracket
- Requires 12 AA batteries
- Accepts up to 32 gig SD card
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Covert Illuminator Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the 2016 Illuminator.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The Illuminator has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $9.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Illuminator, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.