WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO!
You must love your new camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house.
Reconyx Hyperfire SM750
This is a discontinued trail camera. You can shop new Reconyx Cameras Here.
Reconyx SM750 Review
- This camera is good at one thing - taking pictures of license plates at night. It really doesn't do anything else, but it is the only license plate camera on the market, justifying the high price tag. - TCP Staff
Model # SM750 | Reconyx SM750 Owner's Manual
- License plate pictures at night
- Extremely fast detection circuit
- Excellent durability
- Long battery life
- No video capabilities
- Black/white daytime photos
The Reconyx SM750 is one of two in the line of security cameras from Reconyx. The SM750 is a license plate camera - which is meant to capture vehicles. The SC950 is your more typical human surveillance camera.
The SM750 is no glow infrared, which simply means the human eye can't detect the glow from the infrared LEDs. A thief could be walking by your camera, in the middle of the night, and be completely unaware you are taking dozens of pictures of them.
The Reconyx SM750 is only useful as a license plate camera. However, it is the only camera that is capable of this, and it does an amazing job at it. You can capture license plate numbers at speeds of around 40-50 mph.
Photo resolution: 3.1 mpxl | Video Resolution: None | Flash Type: No Glow Infrared
Daytime pictures are black and white. The pictures are clear but dim. To be fair, this camera wasn't designed to take perfect day (or night) pictures. This camera has a specific purpose. However, to be fair, we must judge it as we do everything else. We would ignore the star rating in this category as it is meant for typical trail camera pictures, not a license plate camera.
The SM750 has been programmed to overcome the reflective surface and to capture the plates and identify the intruder. At the expense of capturing the license plate number, the rest of the picture is almost completely black. The pictures must be dimmed down enough so that the plates won't get "washed" out. Below are examples of both day and night operations.
Resting Power (on): 1.80mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 0.62 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 1.46 Ws
Battery life is a huge positive for the Reconyx SM750. All the below numbers are incredibly efficient, allowing the camera to last a long time in the field.
The SM750 operates on 12 AA batteries. You will need to use either Lithium or NiMH Rechargeable batteries. Alkaline batteries do not work in this camera, as they do not produce enough consistent power.
If this camera were to take 35-day and 35-night pictures every 24 hours, the SM750 would last an unbelievable 23.7 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.10 s. / 0.52 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: none | Detection Range: 60 ft.
Detection Circuit is absolutely outstanding. The trigger speed is blazing the recovery time is nearly instant.
Detection range is approximately 70 ft. The camera is quick enough to take pictures of vehicles moving at 40-50 mph. However, we recommend practicing with the setup to get optimal detection and picture taking abilities. Getting the proper angle will pay huge dividends in capturing the license plate.
Dimensions: 5.5" x 4.5" x 3" | Battery Type: 12 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: none
Case design, user setup, and durability couldn't be better. This ranking is higher from the other Hyperfire cameras because the SM750 has a few extra programmable option that the HC500 and HC600 do not have.
First, the SM750 can be programmed (with the software that is included) to be set to come on or shut off at certain times. For instance, if you are setting the camera up watching your business, you may not want it on from 8-5 while you are there. So, in turn, you could set the camera to come on at 5 pm and then shut off at 8 am.
Secondly, The 750 is set to "overwrite" its photos. This simply means if the sd card fills up the camera will keep recording by writing over the very first pictures taken. Please note, a Reconyx will hold roughly 28,000 pictures on an 8 gig card.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
Additional Resources: Reconyx
- No glow IR flash
- License plate camera
- 3.1 mpxl pictures
- No video
- Time Lapse: 1, 5, 15, 30 or 60 minute settings
- Photo Stamp: Time, date, temperature, and moon phase
- Start/ stop time: Yes
- Password protection: Yes
- SD card overwrite: Yes
- PIR settings: Low/Med/High
- Flash setting: High quality, fast shutter, max range
- Temperature Range: -20° - 120° F.
- Field of View: 42°
- Requires 12 AA batteries
- Accepts up to 32 gig SD card
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two-year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Reconyx SM750 Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the SM750.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this to protect your new camera from bears and thieves. It provides much-needed peace of mind when leaving your camera out in nature.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The SM750 has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $9.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the SM750, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.