Reconyx SC950C 4G
Reconyx 4G SC950C Review
Model # SC950catt & SC950cvz | Reconyx SC950c Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score:
Picture Quality:In Progress
Mpxl Rating | Video ResolutionSee Breakdown ▼
Battery Life:In Progress
Resting Power(on) | Daytime Power Consumption | Nighttime Power ConsumptionSee Breakdown ▼
Trigger Speed & Detection:In Progress
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed | Detection RangeSee Breakdown ▼
Quality of Design:In Progress
Dimensions | Battery Type | External Battery Jack See Breakdown ▼
- Made in the USA
Photo resolution: 3.1 mpxl | Video Resolution: None | Flash Type: No Glow Infrared
We are placing cameras in the field. We will post pictures and videos as they become available.
Resting Power (on): 2.07 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 103.1 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 105.7 Ws
This category is under evaluation.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.28 s. / 62 s. | Detection Range: n/a
This category is under evaluation.
Dimensions: 5.5" x 4.5" x 3" | Battery Type: 12 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 volt
When you receive the camera, Reconyx has included detailed instructions on sim card setup. The instructions have setup information, plans that you can use and so on.
You must use the Go Phone Plan for $30 a month ($25 if you use autopay). You will need to enroll the camera and activate it through AT&T's website. You can't call AT&T or activate through a store. Must be done on their website.
$30 a month is insanely expensive for a cell camera. Most data plans for cellular trail cameras range from $5-15 a month. Big thumbs down on price.
To activate the cellular setup, simply call Verizon and provide the camera's model number. While conducting the Reconyx SC950c Verizon review, we found current Verizon customers can add the 950c to their existing plan and share data for just $5 per month. A $20/month is available for customers that do not have an existing Verizon account. This process is really simple and quick.
The camera also comes with a CD you must install on your computer for cellular setup.
Next, you will need to set the camera to send the pictures to the proper email or phone number (s). You can use up to two email address' and four phone numbers. From the image on the left, you can see how simple the programming is.
Enter the recipient (s) and hit ok. From this window, you can have the camera send a photo every day (from 12:00 to 12:30 pm). This will simply let you know that the camera is still operational.
You can set operational times in 15-minute increments with two schedules. Users can set specific hours for two (2) time periods. For instance, Mon-Fri on from 5 pm to 9 am. and weekends on 24 hours/day when no one should be there.
The SC950c set in "burst mode" can take up to 10 images (spaced by a time interval that you set) and then transmit all 10 photos. This is invaluable for security situations. Instead of one transmitted picture of an intruder, you get five.
The rest of this category is still under evaluation.
Reconyx SC950C Cellular Review: In Progress
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
- 4G Modem
- No glow IR flash
- Cellular security camera
- 3.1 mpxl pictures
- No video
- Time Lapse: 1, 5, 15, 30 or 60 minute settings
- Photo Stamp: Time, date, temperature, and moon phase
- Start/ stop time: Yes
- Password protection: Yes
- SD card overwrite: Yes
- PIR settings: Low/Med/High
- Flash setting: High quality, fast shutter, max range
- Temperature Range: -20° - 120° F.
- Field of View: 42°
- Requires 12 AA batteries
- Accepts up to 32 gig SD card
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90 day return policy and our exclusive 2 year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the United States and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Reconyx SC950C Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the SC950c.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- This solar panel is large and heavy, but it is capable of capturing light and turning it into power to keep the SC950c running smoothly.
- Use this to protect your new camera from bears and thieves. It provides much-needed peace of mind when leaving your camera out in nature.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The SC950 has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $9.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the SC950, but most people use two SD cards. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.