This is a discontinued trail camera. Shop new Stealth Cameras here.
Stealth Cam G45NG Pro Review
Model # STC-G45NG | G45NG Owner's Manual
- Fast picture trigger/recovery speed
- Great picture and video quality
- Case design and programming are top notch
- Excellent durability
- 1.5-second video trigger speed
The Stealth Cam G45NG Pro is a low glow trail camera. This makes the camera useful for both wildlife or security surveillance. The thing that stands out the most about the STC-G45NG is that it has very little in the way of negatives. The STC-G45NG model is just a solid, dependable, and versatile trail camera.
Photo resolution: 14 mpxl | Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 w/ audio | Flash Type: Low Glow Infrared
Daytime pictures display good color and depth whether in shady or bright areas. Clarity has been pretty solid. As you can see from our sample images below, the G45NG has produced some excellent pictures.
Night photos display great flash range and contrast. There is some whiteout on animals close to the camera and in the middle of the picture. For a low glow IR scouting camera, these are great pictures.
Video quality has been very impressive both during the day and night. Good color and fluid playback on day videos, but the night videos are even more impressive. Excellent contrast, great flash range - everything you would ask for.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 1.95 mW
Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 4.7 Ws | 6.2 Ws
Video Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 17.8 Ws | 85.3 Ws
The G45NG Pro produces efficient battery consumption draws.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 6.6 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries. Alkaline batteries would fair significantly worse.
If this camera were to take 15-day videos and 15-night videos every 24 hour period, this camera would last 2.1 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.73 s. / 4.6 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 2.98 s. / 4.4 s. | Detection Range: 70 ft.
This is not a fast camera. Picture trigger is average, but all other speeds are below average. The G45 has proven to have a reliable detection circuit, just not a fast one.
Detection range is 70 ft. This is a solid detection distance.
Dimensions: 5.25" x 3.5" x 2.75" | Battery Type: 8 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12-volt
Case design on the G45NG is extremely solid. It has the feeling of a well-made trail camera. The latch works flawlessly, the battery tray slides out easily and the camera has a built-in bracket for a python lock. There is a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera for a Slate River Mount.
Stealth Cam likes to have "Quickset" modes as programming options. There is Q1, Q2, and Q3 preset options. While these are quick and easy to use, we almost never use them. In fact, they are pretty unnecessary with as easy as the camera is to program in "custom" mode. If it were up to us, we would scrap the pre-set options and just stick to the custom option. It is easy to navigate, intuitive and sets up in less than a minute.
We were happy to find many of our favorite settings in the menu. Start/stop time, format sd card, password protection, PIR sensitivity and IR flash control options were all present. These features may seem like a small thing, but they are certainly handy when you need them.
Durability has been a big strength of the G45NG Pro. We have sold quite a few of these units and have seen very little warranties.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
- 14 mpxl photos (interpolated)
- 1280 x 720 video w/ audio
- Time lapse w/ PIR override
- SD card overwrite
- Programmable start/stop time
- Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID on photo stamp
- Lowglow infrared flash
- Burst mode 1-9 images per triggered event
- Password protection
- Accepts up to 32 gig sd card
- Python lock bracket on back of camera
- 1/4" by 20 threaded insert on bottom of camera
- External 12-volt battery jack
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Stealth G45NG Pro Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the G45NG Pro.
- Use this to protect your new camera from bears and thieves. It provides much-needed peace of mind when leaving your camera out in nature.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The G45NG Pro has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $9.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. Most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.