Stealth Cam G45NG Pro
TCP Rating: 79/100
- This is a no glow trailcam with fast trigger speed, quick recovery, great case design and excellent picture quality. A recent firmware update improved the battery life. This is an excellent scouting camera for both wildlife and security purposes. - TCP Staff
Stealth Cam G45NG Pro Review
Model # STC-G45NG | G45NG Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score: What's this?
- Fast picture trigger/recovery speed
- Great picture and video quality
- Case design and programming are top notch
- 1.5-second video trigger speed
The G45NG is a no glow trail camera. This makes the camera useful for both wildlife or security surveillance. The thing that stands out the most about the G45NG is that it has very little in the way of negatives. This is just a solid, dependable, and versatile trail camera.
Dimensions: 5.25" x 3.5" x 2.75" | Battery Type: 8 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12-volt
Case design on the G45NG is extremely solid. It has the feeling of a well-made trail camera. The latch works flawlessly, the battery tray slides out easily and the camera has a built-in bracket for a python lock. There is a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera for a Slate River Mount.
Stealth Cam likes to have "Quickset" modes as programming options. There is Q1, Q2, and Q3 preset options. While these are quick and easy to use, we almost never use them. In fact, they are pretty unnecessary with as easy as the camera is to program in "custom" mode. If it were up to us, we would scrap the pre-set options and just stick to the custom option. It is easy to navigate, intuitive and sets up in less than a minute.
We were happy to find many of our favorite settings in the menu. Start/stop time, format sd card, password protection, PIR sensitivity and IR flash control options were all present. These features may seem like a small thing, but they are certainly handy when you need them.
We have not had any durability problems to-date.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.45 s. / 1.8 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.53 s. / 4.2 s. | Detection Range: 60 ft.
Trigger and recovery speed, when in picture mode, is fantastic. Video times are very respectable. If we were to nit-pick, the video trigger speed is the only thing that isn't top-notch. This camera is plenty fast enough to capture anything.
Detection range is 60 ft. For 2016, this is the most common detection range we have seen in all the cameras.
Photo resolution: 14 mpxl | Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 w/ audio | Flash Type: No Glow Infrared
Daytime pictures display good color and depth whether in shady or bright areas. Clarity has been pretty solid. As you can see from our sample images below, the G45NG has produced some excellent pictures.
Night photos display great flash range and contrast. There is some whiteout on animals close to the camera and in the middle of the picture. For a no glow IR scouting camera, these are great pictures.
Video quality has been very impressive both during the day and night. Good color and fluid playback on day videos, but the night videos are even more impressive. Excellent contrast, great flash range - everything you would ask for.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Resting Power (on): 2.45 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 4.34 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 5.2 Ws
Stealth Cam completed a firmware update to the G45NG in September of 2016 that greatly improved the battery life. All new models that we have in stock now have the newest firmware. This firmware made the battery consumption more efficient and much more competitive in the marketplace.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 6.6 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries. Alkaline batteries would fair significantly worse.
Stealth G45NG Conclusion: 79/100
The recent firmware update to the battery consumption put the Stealth G45NG among our top recommendations for a no glow trailcam. Not only do you get quality day & night pictures, but this camera possesses top-notch speed, case design, video quality and easy programming. We highly recommend the G45NG.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- 14 mpxl photos (interpolated)
- 1280 x 720 video w/ audio
- Time lapse w/ PIR override
- SD card overwrite
- Programmable start/stop time
- Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID on photo stamp
- No glow infrared flash
- Burst mode 1-9 images per triggered event
- Password protection
- Accepts up to 32 gig sd card
- Python lock bracket on back of camera
- 1/4" by 20 threaded insert on bottom of camera
- External 12-volt battery jack
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two-year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $100
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Stealth G45NG Pro Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the G45NG Pro.
- Use this to protect your new camera from bears and thieves. It provides much-needed peace of mind when leaving your camera out in nature.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The G45NG Pro has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Stealth G45NG, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.