This is a discontinued trail camera. Shop new Stealth Cameras here.
Stealth Cam G45NG Pro Review
Model # STC-G45NG | G45NG Owner's Manual
- Fast picture trigger/recovery speed
- Great picture and video quality
- Case design and programming are top notch
- Excellent durability
- 1.5-second video trigger speed
The Stealth Cam G45NG Pro is a low glow trail camera. This makes the camera useful for both wildlife or security surveillance. The thing that stands out the most about the STC-G45NG is that it has very little in the way of negatives. The STC-G45NG model is just a solid, dependable, and versatile trail camera.
Photo resolution: 14 mpxl | Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 w/ audio | Flash Type: Low Glow Infrared
Daytime pictures display good color and depth whether in shady or bright areas. Clarity has been pretty solid. As you can see from our sample images below, the G45NG has produced some excellent pictures.
Night photos display great flash range and contrast. There is some whiteout on animals close to the camera and in the middle of the picture. For a low glow IR scouting camera, these are great pictures.
Video quality has been very impressive both during the day and night. Good color and fluid playback on day videos, but the night videos are even more impressive. Excellent contrast, great flash range - everything you would ask for.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 1.95 mW
Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 4.7 Ws | 6.2 Ws
Video Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 17.8 Ws | 85.3 Ws
The G45NG Pro produces efficient battery consumption draws.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 6.6 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries. Alkaline batteries would fair significantly worse.
If this camera were to take 15-day videos and 15-night videos every 24 hour period, this camera would last 2.1 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.73 s. / 4.6 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 2.98 s. / 4.4 s. | Detection Range: 70 ft.
This is not a fast camera. Picture trigger is average, but all other speeds are below average. The G45 has proven to have a reliable detection circuit, just not a fast one.
Detection range is 70 ft. This is a solid detection distance.
Dimensions: 5.25" x 3.5" x 2.75" | Battery Type: 8 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12-volt
Case design on the G45NG is extremely solid. It has the feeling of a well-made trail camera. The latch works flawlessly, the battery tray slides out easily and the camera has a built-in bracket for a python lock. There is a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera for a Slate River Mount.
Stealth Cam likes to have "Quickset" modes as programming options. There is Q1, Q2, and Q3 preset options. While these are quick and easy to use, we almost never use them. In fact, they are pretty unnecessary with as easy as the camera is to program in "custom" mode. If it were up to us, we would scrap the pre-set options and just stick to the custom option. It is easy to navigate, intuitive and sets up in less than a minute.
We were happy to find many of our favorite settings in the menu. Start/stop time, format sd card, password protection, PIR sensitivity and IR flash control options were all present. These features may seem like a small thing, but they are certainly handy when you need them.
Durability has been a big strength of the G45NG Pro. We have sold quite a few of these units and have seen very little warranties.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
- 14 mpxl photos (interpolated)
- 1280 x 720 video w/ audio
- Time lapse w/ PIR override
- SD card overwrite
- Programmable start/stop time
- Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID on photo stamp
- Lowglow infrared flash
- Burst mode 1-9 images per triggered event
- Password protection
- Accepts up to 32 gig sd card
- Python lock bracket on back of camera
- 1/4" by 20 threaded insert on bottom of camera
- External 12-volt battery jack
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Stealth G45NG Pro Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the G45NG Pro.
- Use this to protect your new camera from bears and thieves. It provides much-needed peace of mind when leaving your camera out in nature.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The G45NG Pro has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $9.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. Most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.