This camera is a discontinued model. You can view new Browning cameras here. - TCP Staff
2016 Browning Recon Force Platinum Review
Model # BTC-7FHD-P | Browning Recon Force Owner's Manual
- Outstanding Video Quality
- 2" Internal viewing screen
- Fast video detection capabilities
- Excellent case design
- Max of 20-second night videos
- Slow picture trigger speed
The Browning Recon Force Platinum is a red glow IR trail camera that has a 2" internal picture viewer. This viewer allows you to see the pictures and videos the camera has taken. The other benefit to the Recon Force is 1920 x 1080 Full HD video resolution (with sound).
Photo resolution: 10 mpxl | Video Resolution: 1920 x 1080 w/ audio | Flash Type: Red Glow Infrared
Picture quality, during the day, is very pixelated. This is nearly identical to what we saw in the 2015 Recon Force trail cameras. Outside of that, the pictures have bright, vivid color, but the pixelation is very distracting.
Night pictures have a good amount of flash range and brightness, but they also have a lot of "white noise" and graininess. It does stop motion really well, though. Overall, picture quality is below average.
Video quality is what carries the Recon Force Platinum. Day videos are spectacularly clear, especially when given plenty of sunlight. The clarity and color are outstanding. Night videos have great flash range, clarity and record smoothly. We love the videos this camera has taken.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Resting Power (on): 1.12 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 7.08 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 8.93 Ws
The Recon Force Platinum uses 8 AA batteries. Do yourself a favor and use lithium batteries for long life.
The day and night power consumption is higher than we would like to see. It is even higher than the Dark Ops and Strike Force cameras, which is mildly surprising.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 5.5 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.11 s. / 1.4 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.00 s. / 1.6 s. | Detection Range: 80 ft.
This is the first time we have seen a cameras video trigger speed faster than the picture speed. 1.1 seconds on picture trigger speed is far too slow for a modern trail camera. The video speed is outstanding.
Detection zone, so far, has been better than all the other 2016 Browning trail cameras. This camera detected 80 ft. in our Detection Shootout.
Dimensions: 5.5" x 4.25" x 3" | Battery Type: 8 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 Volt
You will find that case design is outstanding in the Recon Force Platinum. We love the internal viewer, which doubles as a "Live Preview" when setting the camera up in the field. This camera feels well-made, buttons are crisp, batteries are easy to remove and replace - overall, this is one of the best case designs on the market.
This camera is incredibly easy to program, you won't need the owner's manual. Another benefit to the internal viewer, is it allows for bigger text in the setup screen - so no squinting or glasses needed.
The Recon Force Platinum has all the basic setup options, but is missing some of the popular options, like password protection and start/stop time. If there is a weakness in this category, it would be the lack of programming options.
We have not had any warranty issues arise with the Recon Force. If something does come up, we will update our review to reflect those findings.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- Red Glow Infrared Flash
- 12 Volt External Battery Jack
- 10 Mpxl Pictures (interpolated)
- 1920 x 1080 HD Video w/ audio (5 - 120 second clips)
- Picture Info Displays: Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID
- Backlit display and controls for easy programming in low light conditions
- Timelapse mode plus IR triggered images
- Runs on 8 AA batteries (We recommend Lithium on Nimh rechargeable batteries only)
- Supports up to 32 Gig SD Card
- TV out jack
- USB 2.0 port
- 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera
- Smart IR video (dynamic video)
- Buckwatch timelapse viewer plus PC software
- Multi-shot up to 8 images
- 4 picture resolutions
- Time delay: 5, 10, 20 and 30 seconds. Or, 1, 5, 10, 30 and 60 minutes
- Aim test mode
- Comes with 6-foot nylon strap with all metal heavy duty buckle
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Recon Force Platinum Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Recon Force.
Energizer Ultimate Lithiums | 8 Pack
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this to protect your new camera from bears and thieves. It provides much needed peace of mind when leaving your camera out in nature.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The Recon Force has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Recon Force, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Purchase your next trail camera with the Experts!
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.