Original Price: $559.95Sale Price: $229.95
2016 Browning Strike Force Elite
Due to their incredible popularity, we will continue to sell the 2016 Browning Strike Force Elite cameras in 2 & 4 packs. At this sale price, the cameras will not include our 2-year warranty or 90-day return policy. They do still include the 1-year manufacturer warranty from Browning.
2016 Browning Strike Force Elite Review
- Speed, picture quality, 7-month battery life, and easy programming. If you like videos, you will love the dynamic video option. The Strike Force Elite isn't the best at anything, but it is really good in every category. - TCP Staff
Model # BTC-5HDE | Browning Strike Force Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score:
Mpxl Rating | Video ResolutionSee Breakdown ▼
Battery Life:7 Months
Resting Power(on) | Daytime Power Consumption | Nighttime Power ConsumptionSee Breakdown ▼
Trigger Speed & Detection:78/100
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed | Detection RangeSee Breakdown ▼
Quality of Design:86/100
Dimensions | Battery Type | External Battery Jack See Breakdown ▼
- Very consistent picture quality
- Night pictures adjust to the distance of the animal
- 7-month battery life on lithium batteries
- Improved picture & video trigger speed
- Needs a boost to the color on the day pictures
- Max of 20-second night videos
The Browning Strike Force Elite HD is a sub-micro red glow IR game camera. The Strike Force model has been one of the best selling trail cameras the last several years. The Strike Force's reputation was built on good picture quality, fast detection, long battery life - all packed in a sub-micro package.
Photo resolution: 10 mpxl (interpolated)
Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 w/ audio
Flash Type: Red Glow Infrared
Day pictures are very solid, but not spectacular. If we were to get picky, we would say the color could use a boost.
Night pictures are easy on the eyes, the flash range is more than sufficient and the contrast and clarity are top-notch. You'll even notice there is minimal "white-out" on animals that are close to the camera. The only knock here is most of the infrared emitters are focused in the center of the image. The edges of the pictures can be darker than the center.
The big difference this year is their smart video technology (aka Dynamic Video). When this is turned on, the camera will record daytime videos as long as there is activity in front of the camera. When an activity has stopped for 4 seconds, the video stops recording. This is designed to keep the video from shutting off at pre-determined intervals just as the action is getting started.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Resting Power (on): 0.81 mW
Picture DaytimeNighttime Power Consumption: 3.67 Ws | 5.34 Ws
Video Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 14.12 Ws | 62.08 Ws
The BTC-5HDE is efficient and achieves good battery life on only 6 AA batteries.
If this camera were to take 35-day and 35-night pictures every 24-hour period it would last 7 months on a set of 6 AA Lithium Batteriess.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.65 s. / 1.3 s.
Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.04 s. / 2.3 s.
Detection Range: 50 ft.
Trigger speeds are good, not great, but recovery times are very fast. Detection range is 50 ft., which is about 10 ft. less than we anticipated.
Overall, this detection zone is very fast and capable of capturing movement quickly.
Dimensions: 4.75" x 4" x 3"
Battery Type: 6 AA Batteries
External Battery Jack: 12-Volt
Getting the camera running is very easy. The menu has a familiar feel and just the right amount of options.
The setup has two unique options - sd card overwrite and dynamic video. Dynamic Video is an incredible tool if you plan on capturing trail camera videos.
"Dynamic Video is an incredible tool..."
Reliability has been solid, the Strike Force Elite gets high marks here.
Browning Strike Force Elite Overall Score: 79/100
The Browning Strike Force Elite remains a star in terms of performance vs. price. Speed, picture quality, improved battery life, and easy programming. The Strike Force Elite checks all the boxes on what you look for in a value trail camera. This camera gets our full recommendation.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- 12-Volt External Battery Jack
- 1280 x 720 HD Video w/ audio (5 - 120 second clips)
- Picture Info Displays: Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID
- Backlit display and controls for easy programming in low light conditions
- Time-lapse mode plus IR triggered images
- Runs on 6 AA batteries (We recommend Lithium on Nimh rechargeable batteries only)
- Supports up to 32 Gig SD Card
- TV out jack
- USB 2.0 port
- 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera
- Smart IR video (dynamic video)
- Buckwatch timelapse viewer plus PC software
- Multi-shot up to 8 images
- 4 picture resolutions
- Time delay: 5, 10, 20 and 30 seconds. Or, 1, 5, 10, 30 and 60 minutes
- Aim test mode
- Comes with 6-foot nylon strap with all metal heavy duty buckle
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Browning Strike Force Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Strike Force Elite.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this to protect your new camera from bears and thieves. It provides much-needed peace of mind when leaving your camera out in nature.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The Strike Force Elite has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Strike Force Elite, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.