This is a discontinued camera. You can shop new Browning Cameras here.
2016 Browning Strike Force Elite Review
- Speed, picture quality, 7-month battery life, and easy programming. If you like videos, you will love the dynamic video option. The Strike Force Elite isn't the best at anything, but it is really good in every category. - TCP Staff
Model # BTC-5HDE | Browning Strike Force Owner's Manual
- Very consistent picture quality
- Night pictures adjust to the distance of the animal
- 7-month battery life on lithium batteries
- Improved picture & video trigger speed
- Needs a boost to the color on the day pictures
- Max of 20-second night videos
The Browning Strike Force Elite HD is a sub-micro red glow IR game camera. The Strike Force model has been one of the best selling trail cameras the last several years. The Strike Force's reputation was built on good picture quality, fast detection, long battery life - all packed in a sub-micro package.
Photo resolution: 10 mpxl (interpolated)
Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 w/ audio
Flash Type: Red Glow Infrared
Day pictures are very solid, but not spectacular. If we were to get picky, we would say the color could use a boost.
Night pictures are easy on the eyes, the flash range is more than sufficient and the contrast and clarity are top-notch. You'll even notice there is minimal "white-out" on animals that are close to the camera. The only knock here is most of the infrared emitters are focused in the center of the image. The edges of the pictures can be darker than the center.
The big difference this year is their smart video technology (aka Dynamic Video). When this is turned on, the camera will record daytime videos as long as there is activity in front of the camera. When an activity has stopped for 4 seconds, the video stops recording. This is designed to keep the video from shutting off at pre-determined intervals just as the action is getting started.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Resting Power (on): 0.81 mW
Picture DaytimeNighttime Power Consumption: 3.67 Ws | 5.34 Ws
Video Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 14.12 Ws | 62.08 Ws
The BTC-5HDE is efficient and achieves good battery life on only 6 AA batteries.
If this camera were to take 35-day and 35-night pictures every 24-hour period it would last 7 months on a set of 6 AA Lithium Batteriess.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.65 s. / 1.3 s.
Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.04 s. / 2.3 s.
Detection Range: 50 ft.
Trigger speeds are good, not great, but recovery times are very fast. Detection range is 50 ft., which is about 10 ft. less than we anticipated.
Overall, this detection zone is very fast and capable of capturing movement quickly.
Dimensions: 4.75" x 4" x 3"
Battery Type: 6 AA Batteries
External Battery Jack: 12-Volt
Getting the camera running is very easy. The menu has a familiar feel and just the right amount of options.
The setup has two unique options - sd card overwrite and dynamic video. Dynamic Video is an incredible tool if you plan on capturing trail camera videos.
"Dynamic Video is an incredible tool..."
Reliability has been solid, the Strike Force Elite gets high marks here.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
- 12-Volt External Battery Jack
- 1280 x 720 HD Video w/ audio (5 - 120 second clips)
- Picture Info Displays: Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID
- Backlit display and controls for easy programming in low light conditions
- Time-lapse mode plus IR triggered images
- Runs on 6 AA batteries (We recommend Lithium on Nimh rechargeable batteries only)
- Supports up to 32 Gig SD Card
- TV out jack
- USB 2.0 port
- 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera
- Smart IR video (dynamic video)
- Buckwatch timelapse viewer plus PC software
- Multi-shot up to 8 images
- 4 picture resolutions
- Time delay: 5, 10, 20 and 30 seconds. Or, 1, 5, 10, 30 and 60 minutes
- Aim test mode
- Comes with 6-foot nylon strap with all metal heavy duty buckle
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Browning Strike Force Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Strike Force Elite.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this to protect your new camera from bears and thieves. It provides much-needed peace of mind when leaving your camera out in nature.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The Strike Force Elite has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $9.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.