Buy it with:
Bushnell Cellucore 20 Solar Review
The Bushnell Cellucore 20 Solar Trail Camera has great picture quality and battery life. We can't accurately even calculate how much the solar panel will add to the 6+ months of battery life, but it should be fairly significant. This isn't the fastest camera, but it should do a really good job in most camera trap setups. If you are on a budget, looking for a cellular trail cam that has great picture quality and long battery life, we would recommend this camera. - TCP Staff
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score:
20 Mpxl Photos (interpolated)
Battery Life: 6.6 Months (pics)
Using 15 pics day + night
Trigger Speed & Detection:78/100
Trigger & Recovery: 0.73 s. - 44.8 s. (Pictures) | 80 ft. Range
Quality of Design:85/100
12 AA Batteries | 9-volt External Battery Jack | No Internal Viewer
Bushnell Cellucore 20 Solar Review
- Really good picture quality
- Excellent battery life
- Easy setup and dual modem (works on ATT and Verizon)
- Below average trigger speed
Photo resolution: 20 mpxl (interpolated)
Flash Type: Red Glow IR
Day and night pictures are fantastic. Hard to find any faults with them. The day pictures have realistic color, good clarity, and stop motion well. The night pictures have a ton of flash range, really good contrast and just a bit of overexposure on close objects at night. You can check out sample photos below.
Night IR Blur Test
The equipment for the test consists of a target moving along a track from left to right at a constant speed controlled by a stepper motor and a sensor to trigger the capture of a picture near the center of the field of view of a trail camera.
The target is moving at 1.25 feet per second and is 10 feet from the camera at the center of field of view. The test is conducted in a dark room. Two pictures are taken, one with the target not moving and one with the target in motion. A visual comparison can now be made of the two pictures. All settings that affect the quality of night photos will be tested.
What if you purchase from us and aren't happy with the image quality?
This is a common question and we have a very simple solution. Call, email, or chat with us and we can take a look at the images and offer suggestions or immediately tell if something is wrong with the camera. If so, we will warranty the camera for you (with the free 2-Year warranty you receive from us) or return the camera for a full refund (within 90 days of purchase). You have control of the process, remember, we work for you.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 1.06 mW
Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 27.8 Ws | 31.6 Ws
If this camera were to take 15-day and 15-night pictures every 24 hours, the Bushnell Cellucore 20 Solar would last 3.46.6 months in the field on a set of 12 AA lithium batteries.
Our battery test only allows us to test the consumption versus the 12 AA batteries you install inside the camera and does not and can't account for the attached solar panels battery pack and the ongoing charge you can potentially get from the sun. However, with just batteries providing half a year's battery life, that is impressive for any cellular camera.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.73 s. | 44.8 s.
Detection Range & Angle: 80 ft. @ 34.9° detection angle (41.3° field of view)
The trigger speed is well under average and the recovery time is middle of the road. The detection range is 80 ft. (average) as well. This camera's detection circuit has nothing brag about and nothing to worry about.
Dimensions: 8" x 6" x3"
Battery Type: 12 AA
External Battery Jack: 9-volt (Bushnell specific)
The case design is similar to the other Cellucore models with the exception of the obvious solar panel on top of the camera. The panel is removeable and quickly clicks in and out of the camera. It also comes with a cord that allows you to mount the panel on the back of a tree and attach via the cord. This is a small panel but has a battery pack built into the bottom of the panel and provides the camera with two batter banks to draw off of (as long as you install internal AA batteries).
The Bushnell Cellucore 20 Solar does not have internal programming so all setup options are controlled via the app on your phone. This camera can connect to either ATT or Verizon networks, so that takes part of the guess work out of picking a cellular camera before purchasing (very nice perk).
The case of the Cellucore itself is fairly typical and functional. We always like when antennas come off the side of the camera and not the top as it is harder for water to pool at the antenna's base and enter the camera. Overall, the case seems to be well thought-out and functions properly without too many bells and whistles (outside of a solar panel).
- Download the Bushnell Trail Camera app to your phone and create an account.
- Log in and click the camera icon at the bottom of the screen and hit the + button to add your new camera. Scan the QR code on the label inside your camera or you can manually enter its serial number.
- Install 12 AA lithium batteries (alkaline and rechargeable are not recommended). Install a SD card (up to 32 GB)
- Remove the solar panel from the top of the camera and remove the protective film from the contact points. Re-install the panel and tighten the thumb screw
- The Cellucore 20 Solar has a dual modem which automatically connects to the carrier with the strongest service (either ATT or Verizon)
- Prior to closing the camera, ensure the camera has acquired cell signal by checking the camera staus indicator lights and guide.
|Up to 2000 Photos||Unlimited Photos|
|$9.99 per month||$14.99 per month|
|10 Hi-Res images||Unlimited Hi-Res images|
|5 monthly video downloads||Unlimited Video Downloads|
Keep in mind, our 2-year warranty program is your free insurance program in case something goes wrong with a camera you purchase from us. This warranty protects you from any manufacturing defect the camera might experience for two years.
Since 2005, our mission has to been to provide consumers with unbeatable value, advice you can trust, and customer service that exceeds expectations. There are plenty of places you can choose to do business with, if we are lucky enough to earn your support, we promise to give you our undivided attention. Trailcampro has grown each year not only by relying on your happiness but on the assumption that if we blow you away with customer service, you will brag about us to your friends (have you seen our referral/reward program?).
As always, if you have additional questions, feel free to call, email or chat with us. We look forward to helping you find your next trail camera!
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
FAQ's: Trail Camera
Q: Will this trail camera trigger on small animals (birds, rodents, etc.)?
A: Trail cameras detect on a combination of heat and movement, so, yes, small mammals will trigger the camera. However, if you are going after smaller warm-blooded mammals, we recommend getting the camera closer to your target. For best performance, place the camera in an area that would enable picture detection from 3 - 20 ft.
Q: Can animals see the infrared flash on this camera?
A: This is somewhat controversial. Humans can't see the flash as the nanometer spectrum is above what the human eye can detect. It's also much harder for an animal to see, but that could depend on the species of animal as different species see in different light spectrums.
Q: Where can I purchase this camera?
A: From us! We hope to woo you with our incredible charm, two-year warranty, 90-day returns, free continental U.S. shipping, and technical expertise.
Seriously, though, we know you have plenty of options of where to spend your hard-earned money. The internet can be the wild, wild, west of too-good-to-be-true deals. If you choose to do business with us, we will go out of our way to make sure you are happy with the camera you select and the service we provide you.
We are passionate about testing and reviewing trail cameras, but most importantly, we are passionate about treating our customers the right way. We do things differently from what you have come to expect from other internet retailers and we hope you give us the opportunity to prove that to you.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.