This is a discontinued camera
Bushnell Core Dual Sensor No Glow Review
The Bushnell Core Dual Sensor has everything and more that we look for in a low glow trail camera. The DS has nearly perfect speed and detection, really good photos and videos, 12 months of battery life, an internal viewer, and much more. - TCP Staff
Model # 11-9977C | Bushnell Core DS No Glow Owner's Manual
- Fantastic picture and video quality (dual lens maximized day and night imagery)
- Incredible detection circuit
- 1-Year battery life
- Easy programming and well-built case design
- Somewhat narrow field of view (34.9°)
- Motion Test mode does not operate properly
Photo resolution: 30 mpxl (interpolated)
Video resolution: 1920 x 1080 (60 fps) w/ audio
Flash Type: Low Glow IR (Bushnell lists this as no glow but we can see a faint glow from 10-15')
The Bushnell Core DS No Glow trail camera has realistic color on the photos, average clarity, and good depth to each picture. Check out the sample photos below but we are quite impressed with how they turned out.
Night pictures really seem to benefit from the dual sensors. The night photos are clear, have very good contrast, and lack the white noise normally associated with a low glow game trail camera. Overall, picture quality is very impressive.
Video quality is outstanding and offers 60 frames per second at 1080 resolution. The clarity and focus is just a step below the best we've seen on the market, but outside of that, we believe you will find the day videos to be extremely impressive. Night videos have excellent contrast and clarity. If you enjoyed this camera, view our Bushnell Core S-4K No Glow camera.
What if you purchase from us and aren't happy with the image quality?
This is a common question and we have a very simple solution. Call, email, or chat with us and we can take a look at the images and offer suggestions or immediately tell if something is wrong with the camera. If so, we will warranty the camera for you (with the free 2-Year warranty you receive from us) or return the camera for a full refund (within 90 days of purchase). You have control of the process, remember, we work for you.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 0.28 mW
Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 2.7 Ws | 3.3 Ws
Video Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 23.8 Ws | 61.3 Ws
If this camera were to take 35-day and 35-night pictures every 24 hours, the Bushnell 119977C would last 12 months in the field on a set of 6 AA Lithium Batteries.
If this camera were to take 15-day and 15-night videos (10-second videos) every 24 hours, the Bushnell 119977C would last 2.1 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.17 s. | 0.7 s.
Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.37 s. | 0.6 s.
Detection Range & Angle: 110 ft. @ 35.1° detection angle (34.9° field of view)
The Bushnell Core Dual Sensor's detection circuit is spectacular. Speed, distance, and consistency are on full display. These are extremely impressive numbers. If you want us to be picky, the only thing we would mention is that the field of view is more narrow than the average (industry standard is around 42°). Still, this is an incredible detection circuit.
Dimensions: 5.75" x 4" x 3"
Battery Type: 6 AA
External Battery Jack: 6-volt
The Core Dual Sensor feels sturdy and well-built. The latch is easy to manipulate and has a positive snap when closing. The Core DS has a bracket on the back of the camera for a python cable lock and a threaded insert on the bottom for a Slate River Mount.
The SD card slot is easy to locate but you do have the push the card in quite for to lock in place and to release. Batteries load easily into the tray and slide in and out of the camera effortlessly. This is a really good case design.
The setting menu is very easy to navigate and would be intuitive for first time trail camera users or experienced pro's. The Core DS has popular settings like Hybrid Mode (picture + video), time lapse, and start/stop time (AM, PM, or 24 hours). The internal viewing screen makes field set up extremely simple, letting the user see exactly where the camera is pointed.
SD Card Storage Examples
With a 16 Gig SD card and the camera taking 8 mpxl photos (this is our recommended setting as it is closest to the native resolution), this game trail camera could store 4,606 pictures on the SD card.
With a 16 Gig SD card and the camera taking 1920x1080 (60 fps) video resolution, this trailcam could store 409 10-second videos.
From this data, you can extrapolate out storage capacities of different sized SD cards and different resolution settings. We give you a 16 Gig SD card with the purchase of this camera through us. If you need additional or larger SD cards, you can shop all SD card options here.
To date, we have not had any durability issues with the Bushnell Core Dual Sensor. If anything arises, we will be sure to update this review.
Keep in mind, our 2-year warranty program is your free insurance program in case something goes wrong with a camera you purchase from us. This warranty protects you from any manufacturing defect the camera might experience for two years.
The Bushnell Core Dual Sensor has everything and more that we look for in a low glow trail camera. The DS has nearly perfect speed and detection, outstanding photos and videos, 12 months of battery life, an internal viewer, and much more. To date, this is our top trail camera for 2019.
Since 2005, our mission has to been to provide consumers with unbeatable value, advice you can trust, and customer service that exceeds expectations. There are plenty of places you can choose to do business with, if we are lucky enough to earn your support, we promise to give you our undivided attention. Trailcampro has grown each year not only by relying on your happiness but on the assumption that if we blow you away with customer service, you will brag about us to your friends (have you seen our referral/reward program?).
As always, if you have additional questions, feel free to call, email or chat with us. We look forward to helping you find your next trail camera!
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
FAQ's: Bushnell Core Dual Sensor No Glow Trail Camera
Q: How do I view the pictures?
A: There are a number of ways to do this. Pictures/videos are stored on the SD card you place in the camera. Here are some other methods for viewing images:
- You may view the pictures on the internal 1.5" picture viewer
- View pictures on your computer. Plug the SD card in a desktop computer or laptop via the built-in SD card reader or use a USB reader if your computer doesn't have one. This method works for most tablets as well. With this method, we recommend having two SD cards per camera so you can swap them in the field.
- Trail Camera Viewers. While more expensive, handheld viewers are useful if you don't have a smartphone or run multiple trail cameras.
Q: Will this trail camera trigger on small animals (birds, rodents, etc.)?
A: Trail cameras detect on a combination of heat and movement, so, yes, small mammals will trigger the camera. However, if you are going after smaller warm-blooded mammals, we recommend getting the camera closer to your target. For best performance, place the camera in an area that would enable picture detection from 3 - 20 ft.
Q: Can animals see the infrared flash on this camera?
A: This is a low glow trail camera, meaning it has an extremely faint red glow when taking pictures or videos at night. We rate cameras as low glow if we can see the glow within 15 ft., but have a much harder time seeing it at a greater distance.
Q: Where can I purchase this camera?
A: From us! We hope to woo you with our incredible charm, two-year warranty, 90-day returns, free continental U.S. shipping, and technical expertise. If that isn't enough, we give you a 16 Gig SD card with this camera and you can call and talk our ear off anytime.
Seriously, though, we know you have plenty of options of where to spend your hard-earned money. The internet can be the wild, wild, west of too-good-to-be-true deals. If you choose to do business with us, we will go out of our way to make sure you are happy with the camera you select and the service we provide you.
We are passionate about testing and reviewing trail cameras, but most importantly, we are passionate about treating our customers the right way. We do things differently from what you have come to expect from other internet retailers and we hope you give us the opportunity to prove that to you.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Purchase your next trail camera with the Experts!
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.