This is a discontinued camera
Bushnell Core Low Glow Review
The Core Low Glow is extremely fast, takes a decent photo, and has good picture battery life. The battery life in video mode is slightly below average and pictures have a dullish color. Overall, this is a solid trail camera. - TCP Staff
Model #11-9936C | Bushnell Core Low Glow Owner's Manual
Bushnell Core Low Glow Trail Camera Review
- Excellent detection circuit
- 9+ months of battery run time in picture mode
- Decent flash range on night videos
- Slightly high video battery consumption
- Poor audio on videos
Photo resolution: 24 Mpxl (Interpolated)
Video resolution: 1920 x 1080 w/ audio
Flash Type: Red Glow IR
Day pictures from the Core Low Glow game trail camera have average color (it is a bit dull) and average clarity. The Core seems to stop motion fairly well (minimal blurring). In general, day pictures lack pop and we would rate as average.
Night pictures have more "white noise" than we would normally expect from a red glow trail camera and offer average clarity. Flash range is also average and overall we consider these night photos to be average or slightly above average.
Daytime videos have similar color to the pictures but do possess solid clarity. The resolution is 1920 x 1080 but are not at the same level as the dual sensor Bushnell cameras that offer the same video resolution. Overall, daytime videos are well above average but not elite.
Night videos have good flash range and turn out well when there is a backdrop to the frame (like trees in the background that the IR light can bounce off of). Contrast and clarity seem to be above average and the motion is fluid.
Audio is fuzzy, which you can potentially hear in the sample videos below.
What if you purchase from us and aren't happy with the image quality?
This is a common question and we have a very simple solution. Call, email, or chat with us and we can take a look at the images and offer suggestions or immediately tell if something is wrong with the camera. If so, we will warranty the camera for you (with the free 2-Year warranty you receive from us) or return the camera for a full refund (within 90 days of purchase). You have control of the process, remember, we work for you.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 0.33 mW
Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 3.5 Ws | 3.9 Ws
Video Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 22.1 Ws | 66.3 Ws
If this camera were to take 35-day and 35-night pictures every 24 hours, the Core Low Glow would last 9.8 months in the field on a set of 6 AA Lithium Batteries.
If this camera were to take 15-day and 15-night videos (10-second videos) every 24 hours, it would last 2.0 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.18 s. | 1.0 s.
Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.51 s. | 1.0 s.
Detection Range & Angle: 100 ft. @ 41.5° detection angle (45° field of view)
We love the detection circuit on the 2019 Bushnell Core. This camera has plenty of speed and detection distance. Detection angle is well-matched to the field of view, which should keep false triggers to a minimum.
There isn't much more to say other than this is an outstanding detection circuit.
Dimensions: 5.75" x 4" x 3"
Battery Type: 6 AA
External Battery Jack: 6-Volt
The Core is a medium sized trail camera that has a well thought out design and appearance. The latch manipulates easily and allows the front cover to open and close with ease. All the buttons to control settings are prominent and have a positive click when using them. The battery tray ejects easily but does not always click into place on the first try. Make sure you press and hold firmly until you hear an audible click, otherwise the tray might not be properly seated.
For anyone that has used a Bushnell camera in the past, you will find the settings quite familiar. The simple settings and easy to read screen should get the camera up and running quickly. You shouldn't even need to break out the manual. The Core does have the option for AM, PM, or 24 hour mode and also has Hybrid Mode (picture + video). It does not have a password option.
Overall, programming is very easy but doesn't have quite all the settings we like. The Core Low glow does not come with an internal picture viewer, so field setup will have to be done intuitively.
We don't have any durability or warranty concerns with the Core at this time. If something changes, we will update this review.
Keep in mind, our 2-year warranty program is your free insurance program in case something goes wrong with a camera you purchase from us. This warranty protects you from any manufacturing defect the camera might experience for two years.
The Core Low Glow is extremely fast, takes a decent photo, and has good picture battery life. The battery life in video mode is slightly below average and pictures have a dullish color. Overall, this is a solid game trail camera.
Since 2005, our mission has to been to provide consumers with unbeatable value, advice you can trust, and customer service that exceeds expectations. There are plenty of places you can choose to do business with, if we are lucky enough to earn your support, we promise to give you our undivided attention. Trailcampro has grown each year not only by relying on your happiness but on the assumption that if we blow you away with customer service, you will brag about us to your friends (have you seen our referral/reward program?).
As always, if you have additional questions, feel free to call, email or chat with us. We look forward to helping you find your next trail camera!
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
FAQ's: Trail Camera
Q: How do I view the pictures?
A: There are a number of ways to do this. Pictures/videos are stored on the SD card you place in the camera. Here are some other methods for viewing images:
- View pictures on your computer. Plug the SD card in a desktop computer or laptop via the built-in SD card reader or use a USB reader if your computer doesn't have one. This method works for most tablets as well. With this method, we recommend having two SD cards per camera so you can swap them in the field.
- Trail Camera Viewers. While more expensive, handheld viewers are useful if you don't have a smartphone or run multiple trail cameras.
Q: Will this trail camera trigger on small animals (birds, rodents, etc.)?
A: Trail cameras detect on a combination of heat and movement, so, yes, small mammals will trigger the camera. However, if you are going after smaller warm-blooded mammals, we recommend getting the camera closer to your target. For best performance, place the camera in an area that would enable picture detection from 3 - 20 ft.
Q: Can animals see the infrared flash on this camera?
A: Yes. This is a red glow trail camera, meaning it has a faint red glow when taking pictures or videos at night. Humans and animals can see this if looking at the camera. This does not "light up" the woods, though.
Q: Where can I purchase this camera?
A: From us! We hope to woo you with our incredible charm, two-year warranty, 90-day returns, free continental U.S. shipping, and technical expertise. If that isn't enough, we give you a 16 Gig SD card with this camera and you can call and talk our ear off anytime.
Seriously, though, we know you have plenty of options of where to spend your hard-earned money. The internet can be the wild, wild, west of too-good-to-be-true deals. If you choose to do business with us, we will go out of our way to make sure you are happy with the camera you select and the service we provide you.
We are passionate about testing and reviewing trail cameras, but most importantly, we are passionate about treating our customers the right way. We do things differently from what you have come to expect from other internet retailers and we hope you give us the opportunity to prove that to you.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty | 90 day Return Policy
Trailcampro 90 Day Return | 2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details
If you purchased your trail camera from us (Trailcampro.com), here are the following warranty stipulations. If you purchased from another retailer, we recommend contacting that retailer or the manufacturer of that product for their warranty details.
If You Purchase From Trailcampro.com
We attempted to make our return policy and 2-year exclusive warranty as simple as possible. However, there are a few stipulations.
90 Day Returns
You may return or exchange anything purchased from Trailcampro for a full 90 days from the date of purchase. Please use the items as you normally would and much as you like subject to the rules below.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
90 Day Return Policy Rules:
- 90 days from date of purchase.
- In order to receive a full refund, items must be returned with their original packaging (including UPC code) and all contents
- Cameras or products must be returned in their original condition. You cannot write on the cameras, paint them or deface them in any way. This completely voids the warranty with both us and the specific manufacturer.
- If you purchased one of our "Package Deals" and only return part of the package, we will refund the items full price minus the package discount.
- Orders with quantities of 5 or more are not eligible for a refund or exchange. They are still eligible for warranty replacement.
- There are no returns on used cameras or cameras that clearly state "No Returns"
- If you are returning for a refund, you are responsible for return shipping. Your refund amount will be minus the cost of the initial shipping to you.
2 Year Warranty
We strive to make our customer experience superior to anything available. Traditional warranties only last a year and must be processed directly through the manufacturer. This process usually involves frustrating minutes on hold with call centers and oftentimes weeks, if not months of down time waiting for your replacement product. We process our warranties in-house and expedite the replacement process. When you call Trailcampro you'll speak directly with an expert who will immediately identify the problem and offer a solution.
2 Year Exclusive Warranty Details:
- Warranty starts from the time of purchase and continues for a full 2 years.
- Replacement cameras receive the remainder of the 2-year warranty leftover from the original purchase.
- Warranty is only valid for full retail priced orders (quantity discounts void our 2-year warranty). Discounted items still receive the manufacturer warranty. Price matches void the 2-year warranty as well.
- If your defective camera has been discontinued, we will exchange it for a similarly priced item to your liking.
- If you have a 3G cellular trail camera, it is not considered manufacturer defect if you lose 3G reception in your area.
- Used cameras do not apply for our 2-year warranty
- Cameras cannot be marked on, damaged, or defaced in any way. Warranty is for manufacturer defect only. Defect does not include damage, whether intentional or not.
If you have any questions that were not answered here please feel free to contact us.
To warranty a camera please use the form below. Upon receipt of an RMA number, you will need to ship the camera back to us. You will be responsible for the shipping charges of the defective camera back to us. We will ship the replacement back to you for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
WHEN YOU BUY FROM TRAILCAMPRO:
You must love your new trail camera, or game camera or return it for a full refund in the first 90 days-no questions asked.
Double the Warranty
We double the manufacturer’s 1-year warranty to 2-full years and handle all warranties in-house on our trail cameras and game cameras.