Spypoint Link-EVO (AT&T)
Spypoint Link-EVO Review
Model # Link-Evo
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score:
Picture Quality:Testing in Progress
Mpxl Rating | Video ResolutionSee Breakdown ▼
Battery Life:2 Months
Resting Power(on) | Daytime Power Consumption | Nighttime Power ConsumptionSee Breakdown ▼
Trigger Speed & Detection:75/100
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed | Detection RangeSee Breakdown ▼
Quality of Design:90/100
Dimensions | Battery Type | External Battery Jack See Breakdown ▼
- 0.3 s. trigger speed
- Free Data Plan from Spypoint (up to 100 pictures/month)
- Insanely easy to setup via Spypoint app
Photo resolution: 12 mpxl (interpolated
Flash Type: Red Glow IR
We are placing cameras in the field. We will post pictures as they become available.
Picture & Video Resting Power (on): 1.07 mW
Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 53.14 Ws | 62.37 Ws
The camera operates on 8 AA batteries. We only recommend lithium batteries for this camera, as they deliver a high and consistent voltage that alkaline and rechargeable batteries simply can't maintain.
The battery consumption on the Link-EVO is efficient.
If this camera took 15-day pictures and 15-night pictures every 24 hours, it would last 2 months on a set of lithium batteries. Keep in mind, this camera is accomplishing 2 months of battery life on 8 AA batteries rather than the typical 12 AA batteries all other cellular trailcams use.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.3 s. / 57.9 s.
Detection Range: 60 ft.
The Evo has an extremely quick 0.3 second trigger speed and recovers in an average amount of time for a cellular camera (57 seconds).
The detection range is 60 ft., which is average by today's standards. Overall, this camera detects quickly for a cell camera and has a detection range and recovery that is average against its peers.
Dimensions: 4.4" x 5.2" x 3.3"
Battery Type: 8 AA Batteries
External Battery Jack: 12-Volt
The Link-Evo case design is similar to previous Spypoint cameras with a few notable improvements. The latch has been beefed up and is now one-piece construction. It opens and closes easily. The battery compartment on the back has an eject button that pops the cover open.
This camera has a built-in python bracket on the back of the camera and a 1/4" x 20 threaded slot on the bottom for a Slate River Mount. This camera does not have an internal screen for programming, all programming will be done on the Spypoint app on your phone.
Overall, the case design is very solid. The antenna seems a little flimsy, but we will keep an eye on it and if anything arises we will update this review.
Setup for the Link-Evo
As mentioned previously, all setup options are controlled via the app on your phone. In the past, cell cameras have developed a reputation for being clumsy and finicky during this process. The Link-Evo couldn't be easier to setup, even for the folks that aren't "techie."
After you have turned the camera on and loaded the app to your phone, simply follow the instructions on the app. You will need to setup an account and connect your new camera to the app. This takes no time at all. From there, you can select the camera settings, check battery status/cell reception, sd card storage, and view the pictures the camera has taken. The sim card comes with the camera and is located in the battery compartment.
For setting options, the Link-EVO is one of the few cellular cameras that can be programmed to be on or off on certain days of the week. For instance, you can have the camera on from 5 pm to 8 am Mon-Fri., but on 24 hours a day during the weekend. This is an underrated feature.
This camera does not have an option to send a photo on command but you can set the frequency it connects to the network checking for other setting changes. The app is very easy to navigate and will not leave you confused.
This app is where you will set your data plan, your first month is unlimited photos for free. We LOVE the fact that Spypoint offers a free data plan (100 pictures a month), so you can run the camera for no cost, year-round. If you need more than 100 pictures a month, here are the costs of the other data plan options:
- Free plan = 100 photos/month (photos saved for 7 days)
- $5 per month (annual) = 250 photos/month (photos saved for 7 days)
- $15 per month (annual) = unlimited photos/month (unlimited photo saving)
- $25 per month (monthly) = unlimited photos/month (unlimited photo saving)
Viewing pictures is super easy. You can scroll left or right on the images and they react instantly. Overall, setup on the Link-Evo couldn't be easier even if you don't consider yourself the most technologically advanced person in the world.
Durability is unknown at this time. In the last 12 months, Spypoint has had our third lowest warranty rate. We will update this review if anything changes.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
FAQ's: Spypoint Link-EVO Trail Camera
Q: How do I view the pictures?
A: There are a number of ways to do this. Pictures/videos are stored on the SD card you place in the camera. This is a cellular camera, so the pictures are sent to the Spypoint App on your phone. Here are the other ways to view the pictures.
- View pictures on your computer. Plug the SD card in a desktop computer or laptop via the built-in SD card reader or use a USB reader if your computer doesn't have one. This method works for most tablets as well. With this method, we recommend having two SD cards per camera so you can swap them in the field.
- View pictures on your smartphone. Choose between the iOS Reader for iPhones and the Android Reader. Phone readers require an app to access the photos, you can read more about these via the previous links.
- Trail Camera Viewers. While more expensive, handheld viewers are useful if you don't have a smartphone or run multiple trail cameras.
Q: Will this trail camera trigger on small animals (birds, rodents, etc.)?
A: Trail cameras detect on a combination of heat and movement, so, yes, small mammals will trigger the camera. However, if you are going after smaller warm-blooded mammals, we recommend getting the camera closer to your target. For best performance, place the camera in an area that would enable picture detection from 3 - 20 ft.
Q: Can animals see the infrared flash on this camera?
A: Yes. This is a red glow trail cameras, meaning it has a faint red glow when taking pictures or videos at night. Humans and animals can see this if looking at the camera. This does not "light up" the woods, though.
Q: Will the Link-EVO take pictures through glass?
A: No. Trail cameras can't detect animals through glass.
Q: Where can I purchase this camera?
A: From us! We hope to woo you with our incredible charm, two-year warranty, 90-day returns, free continental U.S. shipping, and technical expertise. If that isn't enough, we give you an 8 Gig SD card with this camera and you can call and talk our ear off anytime.
Seriously, though, we know you have plenty of options of where to spend your hard-earned money. The internet can be the wild, wild, west of too-good-to-be-true deals. If you choose to do business with us, we will go out of our way to make sure you are happy with the camera you select and the service we provide you.
We are passionate about testing and reviewing trail cameras, but most importantly, we are passionate about treating our customers the right way. We do things differently from what you have come to expect from other internet retailers and we hope you give us the opportunity to prove that to you.
- 12-Volt External Battery Jack
- 12 Mpxl interpolated photos
- Red Glow IR Flash
- Date, time, temperature and moon phase stamp on photos
- Time Lapse Mode
- Multi-shot up to 2 photos per trigger
- Photo + Video mode (takes picture and then video - only sends picture to app)
- 4G Photo Transmission
- Preactivated sim card included
- Requires 8 AA batteries (we recommend lithium)
- First 30 days of cellular data is free with unlimited photos
- After 30 days, Spypoint includes a plan that is Free and sends up to 100 photos
- Accepts up to 32 gig SD card
- 4.4" x 5.2" x 3.3"
- 7-Day Start/Stop time programming
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two-year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2-Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90-Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Trail Camera Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Trail Camera.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The Link-EVO has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Link EVO, but most people use two SD cards. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.