Moultrie White Flash
Moultrie White Flash Review
- This incandescent flash trail camera takes excellent pictures. The biggest downside is the below average, 3-month battery life. - TCP Staff
Model # MCG-13037 | White Flash Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score:
Mpxl Rating | Video ResolutionSee Breakdown ▼
Battery Life:3.3 Months
Resting Power(on) | Daytime Power Consumption | Nighttime Power ConsumptionSee Breakdown ▼
Trigger Speed & Detection:70/100
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed | Detection RangeSee Breakdown ▼
Quality of Design:76/100
Dimensions | Battery Type | External Battery Jack See Breakdown ▼
- Fast picture recovery
- Excellent picture quality
- Slow video recovery time
- 3-month battery life on 12 AA lithium batteries
The Moultrie White Flash is an incandescent game camera release in 2016. The case design looks similar to other 2016 Moultrie game cameras, but, it is different in several ways.
The Moultrie White Flash is quite a bit larger and requires 12 AA batteries instead of 8. The White Flash requires the additional batteries to charge the incandescent flash.
Photo resolution: 14 mpxl (interpolated) | Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 (no audio) | Flash Type: Incandescent
Picture quality is outstanding. Excellent color, clarity and depth on all day photos. Night pictures are well-illuminated, colorful, and clear. Picture quality is a big plus.
Resting Power (on): 3.7 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 4.98 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 32.88 Ws
The obvious thing here is the high night power consumption. This is the limiting factor on battery life.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 3.3 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.97 s. / 1.5 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.64 s. / 6.9 s. | Detection Range: 60 ft.
The picture recovery is very fast. 1.5 seconds is top of the line. The trigger speed is close to one second, which is slightly below average.
Detection range is 60 ft., this is what most trailcams have detected out to this year. Overall, this is an average detection circuit.
Dimensions: 6.5" x 5.5" x 3" | Battery Type: 12 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 Volt
The camera feels sturdy and well-built in your hands. The latch works well but does have a small "catch" to it when opening (only occasionally). As we have mentioned extensively in all other 2015 & 2016 Moultrie game camera reviews, we aren't fans of the strap bracket and the way a python cable lock attaches. There is a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera for a Slate River Mount.
Programming is a little different (like all Moultrie cameras) but after you have played with it a few times you shouldn't have a problem. The Moultrie White Flash has all the basic settings.
Durability has not been an issue but if something arises we will update the review.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.
Read Reviews From All the Game and Trail Cameras
- Incandescent flash
- 14 mpxl interpolated photos
- 1280 x 720 video resolution
- Compatible with Moultrie Mobile Field Modem
- Time, date, temperature, moon phase, and camera name info strip
- 1-3 pictures in multi-shot mode
- Accepts up to 32 gig SD cards
- Requires 12 AA batteries
- External 12-volt battery jack
- Integrated python cable loop bracket
- 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on bottom of the camera
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two-year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Moultrie White Flash Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the White Flash.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The White Flash has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Moultrie White Flash, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.