Spypoint Link 3G
Review in Progress
- TCP Staff
2016 Spypoint Link 3G Review
Model # Link-3G | Spypoint Link 3G Owner's Manul
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score: What's this?
- Insanely fast trigger speed
The Spypoint Link 3G review is in progress. This is a 3G cellular trail camera. We have just started the review and will update this page when more data comes in.
Dimensions: | Battery Type: 6 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 VoltThis category is under evaluation.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.05 s. | 60.3 s. | Detection Range: 70 ft.
The picture trigger, like most of the other 2016 Spypoint cameras, is insanely fast. By far the fastest of all the cell cameras on the market. When the camera is set to instant mode, which sends pictures as soon as they are taken, the camera takes 60 seconds to recover. This is very typical of a cell camera. If you set the camera to "batch upload," expect the recovery time to be under 1 second.
In our 2016 Detection Shootout, the Link 3G detected out to 70 ft. This is a very good detection range.
Overall, this is an outstanding detection circuit.
This category is under evaluation.
Resting Power (on): 1.21 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 64.81 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 79.38 Ws
We tested the battery life in instant mode, meaning the camera immediately sends the pictures. In this mode, the cameras battery life is pretty poor. This is in large part due to the camera only using 6 AA batteries, instead of the 12 found in most cellular trail cameras.
To save battery life, you can choose for the camera to upload in "batches." This will provide tremendous battery savings, but the images will be sent at intervals. The downside to this mode is if the camera is being used for security, the thief could steal and shut off the camera before the pictures are sent. Batch mode would work very well for wildlife viewing, where theft isn't an issue.
If this camera were to take and send 15-day and 15-night pictures every 24 hours, this camera would last 1.2 months (in instant mode) on a set of 6 AA lithium batteries.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- 12-Volt External Battery Jack
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two-year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $100
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Spypoint Link 3G Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the Link 3G.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The Link 3G has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Link 3G, but most people use two SD cards. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.