Original Price: $129.95Sale Price:89.95
Stealth Cam ZX24
Stealth Cam ZX24 Review
- The ZX24 is the red glow sister camera to the ZX36NG. The ZX24's detection is slow but it has 8-month battery life and decent picture quality. This camera would do well to sit on a feeder or bait station but isn't fast enough for a trail. - TCP Staff
Model # STC-ZX24 | ZX24 Owner's Manual
Trailcampro Comprehensive Score: What's this?
- Good battery life
- Great case design
- Easy programming
- Slow detection circuit
- Halo effect on night videos
Dimensions: 4.5" x 3.75" x 2.75" | Battery Type: 6 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 Volt
The ZX24 feels sturdy and well-built. This is also one of the smallest cameras on the market and easily fits in the palm of your hand. The latch works effortlessly and consistently. The camera has a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom for a Slate River mount. There is also a bracket on the back for a python bracket.
Stealth Cam likes to have "Quickset" modes as programming options. There is Q1, Q2 and Q3 preset options. While these are quick and easy to use, we almost never use them. In fact, they are pretty unnecessary with as easy as the camera is to program in "custom" mode. If it were up to us, we would scrap the preset options and just stick to the custom option. It is easy to navigate, intuitive and sets up in less than a minute.
We were happy to find many of our favorite settings in the menu. Start/stop time, format sd card, password protection and IR flash control options were all present. These features may seem like a small thing, but they are certainly handy when you need them.
Durability is unknown at this time. If an issue arises, we will update this review.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.87 s. / 5.7 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 2.58 s. / 5.0 s. | Detection Range: 50 ft.
Picture trigger speed is the only thing close to average. Everything else is well below. This is a slow detection circuit.
In our Detection Shootout, the ZX24 detected out 50 ft. This is slightly below average for 2016.
Photo resolution: 10 mpxl | Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 w/ audio | Flash Type: Red Glow Infrared
Day pictures aren't the best or the worst. Everything on picture quality is middle of the road. Color, clarity and depth could all use improvement, but really, they are all more than acceptable. Night images have the flash concentrated on the middle of the photo - producing whiteout on close objects.
Video quality is solid overall and we actually rated it a touch higher than picture quality. Other than the halo effect in the center of the night videos - we are pretty happy with the video quality.
In the past, many people get confused with the megapixel rating trail camera manufacturers advertise. Companies inflate the mpxl rating to attract eyes to their products. They do this through interpolation, which digitally adds megapixels to a photo without actually improving the picture.
The best way to judge picture quality is to look at actual pictures. You will notice this the most when you zoom in on a full-size image that a camera has taken. The details of the photo will appear hazy or even digitized. This is normal, and to be expected.
Resting Power (on): 1.43 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 2.33 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 3.75 Ws
Day and night consumption is very low. The resting power is efficient. These are excellent numbers
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 8 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- 10 mpxl photos (interpolated)
- 1280 x 720 video w/ audio
- Time lapse w/ PIR override
- SD card overwrite
- Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID on photo stamp
- Red glow infrared flash
- Burst mode 1-9 images per triggered event
- Password protection
- Accepts up to 32 gig sd card
- Python lock bracket on back of camera
- 1/4" by 20 threaded insert on bottom of camera
- External 12 volt battery jack
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90 day return policy and our exclusive 2 year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Stealth ZX24 Pro Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the ZX24.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The ZX24 has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Stealth ZX24, but most people use a second card. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.