Stealth Cam ZX36NG
Stealth Cam ZX36NG Review
- The ZX36NG is a tiny no glow trail camera from Stealth Cam. This camera struggles with a slow video detection but has good battery life and case design. The ZX36NG does not come with our 2-year warranty or return policy. This is a closeout camera, marked down to sell and all sales are final. It does still come with manufacturer 1-year warranty. - TCP Staff
Model # STC-ZX36NG | ZX36NG Owner's Manual
- Good battery life
- Excellent case design
- Easy programming
- Slow picture recovery
- Slow video detection
- Poor night flash
The Stealth ZX36NG review is currently in progress. We will continue to update as more information becomes available.
Dimensions: 4.5" x 3.75" x 2.75" | Battery Type: 6 AA Batteries | External Battery Jack: 12 Volt
The ZX36NG feels sturdy and well-built. This is also one of the smallest cameras on the market and easily fits in the palm of your hand. The latch works effortlessly and consistently. The camera has a 1/4" x 20 threaded insert on the bottom for a Slate River mount. There is also a bracket on the back for a python bracket.
Stealth Cam likes to have "Quickset" modes as programming options. There is Q1, Q2 and Q3 preset options. While these are quick and easy to use, we almost never use them. In fact, they are pretty unnecessary with as easy as the camera is to program in "custom" mode. If it were up to us, we would scrap the preset options and just stick to the custom option. It is easy to navigate, intuitive and sets up in less than a minute.
We were happy to find many of our favorite settings in the menu. Start/stop time, format sd card, password protection and IR flash control options were all present. These features may seem like a small thing, but they are certainly handy when you need them.
Durability is unknown at this time. If an issue arises, we will update this review.
Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.88 s. / 5.2 s. | Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 2.56 s. / 4.7 s. | Detection Range: 60 ft.
Picture trigger speed is the only thing close to average. Everything else is well below. This is a slow detection circuit.
Detection range is 60 ft. This is an average detection range for this year.
Photo resolution: 10 mpxl | Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 w/ audio | Flash Type: No Glow Infrared
Day pictures are solid. They have good color but lack some focus and clarity. We have hardly any day pictures that are blurry, which is a big plus.
Night pictures lack flash range and can be grainy. This is evident in our Flash Range Shootout. The ZX36NG rated 21st out of 32 no glow trails cameras. Some of our field pictures were good, some were poor. Picture quality is very subjective, we always recommend looking at the sample photos below to form your own opinion.
Day videos mimic the day pictures. They are good, not great. Night videos appear to be better than the pictures.
Resting Power (on): 1.66 mW | Daytime Power Consumption: 2.29 Ws | Nighttime Power Consumption: 5.3 Ws
Day and night consumption is pretty typical. The resting power is efficient.
If this camera were to take 35-day pictures and 35-night pictures every 24 hour period, this camera would last 6.6 months in the field on a set of lithium batteries.
Stealth Cam ZX36NG Conclusion:
The ZX36NG is far slower than the competition and the picture quality remains average. Since this camera does not stand out in any one area, we can't give it our recommendation.
Enjoy our reviews? Please consider purchasing your next trail camera from us.Back to Top of Page
- 10 mpxl photos (interpolated)
- 1280 x 720 video w/ audio
- Time lapse w/ PIR override
- SD card overwrite
- Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID on photo stamp
- No glow infrared flash
- Burst mode 1-9 images per triggered event
- Password protection
- Accepts up to 32 gig sd card
- Python lock bracket on back of camera
- 1/4" by 20 threaded insert on bottom of camera
- External 12-volt battery jack
Buy your next trail camera or accessory from us and we will protect your purchase with our 90-day return policy and our exclusive 2-year warranty.
Most manufacturer warranties are only one year. In our opinion, that isn't good enough. Our customers get a two-year warranty, directly from us.
Trailcampro's 2 Year Warranty
If the trail camera you purchase from us goes defective within two years of your purchase, we will quickly replace it.
We strive to make the warranty process as quick and easy as possible. Simply fill out our warranty form.
Trailcampro's 90 Day Return Policy
We believe you have the right to return any game camera that does not meet your expectations within 90 days.
Our return policy lets you field test products, at no risk to you!
- Buyer's remorse? Return the camera to us for a full refund (minus shipping).
- Purchased the wrong camera? We will ship you the right camera.
- Something wrong with the camera you received? We will replace it at no cost to you.
Want to talk to a trail camera expert? Contact our friendly staff.
Read our Customer Testimonials to find out what our customers have been saying about us!
- Free UPS Economy Shipping on all orders over $99
- Free shipping applies only to the lower 48 states and will be shipped via the most economical method.
- Orders placed before 3 p.m Central Standard Time are usually shipped the same day
- We are happy to offer expedited shipping options. Prices are shown during checkout.
Dear International Customer:
International rates vary by country and postal code. Please click here for detailed international rates.
3048 S. Clifton Ave
Springfield, MO 65807
Stealth G45NG Pro Accessories
Here are a few of the accessories we like to use in the ZX36NG.
- There is no downside to using lithium batteries. Long battery life, extreme durability and better night pictures. You will be happy you did.
- Use this with the security case, or just the camera itself. The ZX36NG has brackets on the back specifically for this lock.
Start at $5.95
- SD cards store your pictures and videos for easy removal. We give you a free SD card with the Stealth ZX36NG, but most people use two SD cards. If you have two cards, you can swap them out when you retrieve the pictures.
Verified Customer Reviews
We ensure that every customer review comes from one of our real customers and not someone who works for the competing trail camera manufacturer. These are verified customer trail camera reviews that you can trust.
We would love your feedback if you purchased this trail camera from us. We want your honest feedback, these reviews are a vital part in helping consumers choose the right game camera.